Monday, August 04, 2008

Like a kid in a candy store...

Justin's at a friend's house.

Evan just unexpectedly dashed over to the neighbor's house.

Corinne didn't nap, so I parked her in front of Cinderella III to get some quiet time.

And I? I find myself with an unplanned hour to myself...
Decisions, decisions!! The plethora of choices to make loom in front of me:

Laundry, my ever-present nemesis, awaits the continuing cycles with one in the washer and another in queue. Yet, that doesn't quite appeal, surprisingly enough...

Chocolate cake, yes THAT chocolate cake, screamed for my attention. And really? Who am I to deny such a plea?

Blogs to read? True, they're always there. Yet, unlike laundry, the blogs I adore APPRECIATE my efforts. A comment here and there, a click over for the recession, etc.

Still, I find my mind not committing to any idea (tempting though those 3 choices are...) and the laundry remains in the washer, the cake was eaten without any heart (and quickly, so as not to alert the tired 2 year old of its consumption), and my attention just isn't in the reading today.

What to do, what to do?!? A horrible predicament, I know! A housewife and stay at home Mom with free time on her hands!! It's only an hour or so of freedom... A book? Watching Cinderella yet again? Nah...

Trust me, it WON'T be spent on washing the floor. In fact, I think I rather like the polka-dot effect that drippy popsicles and oatmeal give it... Sort of an abstract work of living art...

What do you do when you find yourself with a small increment of time and no plans?

8 comments:

Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

I crawl into my bed with a book, so I can read or nap! Or I might scrapbook or paint or sit outside with a cup of tea...
The possibilities are endless!

Hannah said...

I scrapbook, or I read (a book, or if I'm not in the right frame of mind for that, a magazine), or I watch a TV show I've recorded. I certainly don't do ANY housework. Sometimes I use unexpected downtime to surf the web and read blogs, but generally I like to get off the computer and do something else. Since use the computer to do my work, I can "sneakily" read blogs when DH thinks I'm "working" ... it's really quite a good trick! LOL ;-)

Unknown said...

Eeks! I find that when I have free time, I am so horribly unproductive. I know I should enjoy it, but I don't. Like when I was done with the August edition of Root & Sprout, I couldn't commit to doing anything else. I just walked around without a purpose. Sad, but true . . .

Kamis Khlopchyk said...

Most often I end up on the internet reading blogs or with a good book! Enjoy your time!

Tonya said...

Hope you had a great hour to yourself!

Kristi said...

I do EXACTLY what you did, and fret about the 5 million things that need to get done. And after that, I generally spend the time on my laptop surfing the net.

Gettysburg Mom said...

I start ten different tasks and eventually read my book...

Beck said...

Me? I have a nap. Or I read a book. Or I read a book and fall asleep with the book on my face. So many options!

Related Posts with Thumbnails