Friday, August 01, 2008

For the love of Cake!

Picture me crossing my fingers that I may have something exciting to share with you all soon...
::::::::::::::::
I'm just here for a flash to say that I have another post in the works but was absolutely cracking up at an "Evanism" today:

After telling him that he could have a piece of the frozen chocolate cake after he had lunch, I went up to my CLEAN room to have a leftover piece of Giordano's pizza. (A pizza so good, it must be savored...) I blissfully chewed my deep dish and watched a bit of "Guess who's Coming to Dinner?" when he skipped in and exclaimed that he had finished lunch and was READY! FOR! CAKE!

I was too engrossed in both my food and movie to stop just then. Shockingly enough, Evan flopped onto the bed with all the dramatic flair of a practiced thespian. (he can convincingly cry on cue. Seriously.) Many tears and moans followed. Not wanting to hear any more of it, I told him that if he had to cry, please do it elsewhere.

"But MOMmeeee!!! I want chocolate cake so badly, I can't even feel my legs!!"

I looked at him and saw my 6 year old, flailing about as though his legs were broken. And I lost it. I laughed so hard, my eyes were watering and my nose was snorting.

Yes. He got the cake.

BAAAaaaadddd Mommy....

13 comments:

Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

What a guy! He sounds pretty irresistible.
And the news??? You have me curious now!

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

I just reread that and realized it sounded like a pregnancy announcement which it is SO NOT.

So, just clear that out of your little heads!

Karen said...

Hahaha glad you clarified Tracey...I was actually wondering. :-)

Beth - Total Mom Haircut said...

For a laugh like that, the kid deserves cake:) Think you've got an oscar winner on your hands.

This made me miss Giordanos...

Beth
http://www.totalmomhaircut.com/

Tonya said...

It was great talking to you today! Seriously call me whenever you need to clean :) Did he get candy too?

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Um, yes. They're eating a chocolate bar so I can read for a minute before FINALLY taking a shower... I really AM bad, aren't I?

Hannah said...

Haha, that's classic! We get "but my whole body hurts!" when Ethan is really upset about something.

Pretty curious about your news! Pregnancy never entered my mind though ... weird, huh?

Damselfly said...

I know how he feels. I have wanted chocolate so badly I couldn't feel my legs, either!

Gucci Mama said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gucci Mama said...

I, too thought you were in expectation of an "interesting event".

I'm so glad Evan has use once again of his lower extremities. I just read that pronounced lack of chocolate cake can, in extreme cases, cause temporary paralysis. Good thing you got him the antidote in time;)

OK, I had to delete this because it was punctuated wrong. OCD much?

Gucci Mama said...

Phew, glad that's fixed.

Emily said...

Sometimes I too want chocolate cake so bad I can't feel my legs...

anymommy said...

You made me want chocolate cake so badly I can't feel my legs. I don't think that's a bad mommy - ingenuity like that ought to be rewarded.

Related Posts with Thumbnails