Saturday, August 02, 2008

Hungry like a Wolf....

Hungry for an opportunity, that is!

Have I mentioned how much I love the way the web world works? Sure, there are some definite negatives (stalkers, developing an inability to talk to real people and the probability that your children will be in therapy in 15 years for our posts about their bodily functions... you know, minor things like those) but the positives!! Oh! The positives can really make that future therapy worth it!

I got an email recently for a potential offer to do a review on a place that I really, REALLY love. And just the fact that I have the possible opportunity to do it, justifies my blogging. Truly. Not that I NEED it to be justified, as it's my hobby for cryin out loud, but I feel validated, nonetheless.

In the meantime, I'd like to let you all know about the current rates at one of our favorite places to vacation. I'd also like to ask you all to cross your fingers for me, that this goes through and we get to go back to....

Wisconsin Dells!

Great Wolf Lodge is having an end of summer deal. $159 a night (as of the last time I checked...) for a family of 4 which includes the waterpark passes and other bonuses. Code for the rates is STAYCATION. Normal August rates are $259 a night!

As a mom who has gone to Great Wolf Lodge not once, not twice, but, um... EIGHT times in the past 9 years, I can vouch that it's a fabulous place. (Yes. 8 times. Don't forget that some years, we went to Disney World, so that means that some years we went MORE than once.)

We have watched it grow from the days that it was Black Wolf Lodge to the transfer to the new owners, making it Great Wolf. When it changed, it was all for the better! More slides, more amenities and more special touches (free treats for the kids after dinner! A sweet show 2 times a night to wind them down, followed by a book in the lobby with animals characters to send them off to bed!)

When we went to Chula Vista in the Dells this summer, we really missed that aspect. The community feeling of a hotel. I mean, you just don't GET that most places. Also, Great Wolf's waterparks were far superior, the location was more convenient (for us) and the customer service has always been top notch.

Also, after their horrible flooding and draining of Lake Delton this summer, the area could really use the influx of customers to keep its economy rolling. So, if you haven't scheduled any summer vacations yet, and are looking to do so in the next few weeks, check out Great Wolf!

Hmmm. I'm thinking that, after posting all the good stuff about it, I may not NEED to be sent there!! I've already reviewed it! Ha! Ha.

Um, ha?

7 comments:

Kristi said...

What a great opportunity for you! I think there's a Great Wolf Lodge in Niagara Falls (the location closest to me here in NY). When Isabella is a bit older, we're totally going there!

Anna-b-bonkers said...

Wow, congrats on the opportunity!

Crossing my fingers for you!

What a fun looking place!

Kamis Khlopchyk said...

Oh that's a wonderful opportunity! I hope you can go back, I am certain your family won't be complaining either :-)

It sounds like a great place to stay, I haven't heard of Wisconsin Dells but then again it's a pretty great distance from here :-)

Jane of Seagull Fountain said...

Awesome swag that would be!! I was way too excited over some free underwear I got for my daughter!

We stayed at the Wilderness lodge at Disney once, and it was incredible to be so close and have that "atmosphere" you talk about.

Hope you get to go!

Melissa said...

I hope you get to go! It sounds like a really great place!!

Cynthia said...

Good luck on the opportunity!

Tonya said...

Hoping the deal goes through for you!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails