Thursday, July 31, 2008

Completely excessive family vacation pictures

Feel free to just skip to the comments and tell me how cute the kids are, if you haven't the time to look properly. But I just HAD to put at least SOME of the over 300 shots from our vacation!

These are all from camping...

She just had to have a head scarf like Mommy...
Moments before they began chanting, "SacriFICE! SacriFICE!" Evan then shouted, "Where's the chicken?!?" I swear, I don't know where they got that from...
He's always happiest when covered in sand, dirt or water. But to be at a lakeside beach where there are ALL THREE?? He's ecstatic!

Honestly? I have no idea what she was doing here. I know it looks like baby poop, but she insists it is "just gooey sand, Mommy."

Sadly, those lovely sunglasses of his got stepped on by yours truly that night. Cross my heart, it wasn't on purpose...
This is what happens when you take a 2 1/2 year old on a looooong hike in the woods. You end up carrying her 30+ pounds uphill and then lying her down on a sleeping bag under the trees. She took an hour and half nap under a huge Oak tree while we all played Apples to Apples right beside her. Now THAT'S tired.You can take the boy away from the Xbox, but the Nintendo DS follows him EVERYWHERE....

Playing Whiz Kidz after breakfast.



We took a side trip up to Cave of the Mounds before heading back South to Illinois. Sadly, my camera's battery had had enough and the extras were in the van.

But really, doesn't that look of wonder say everything about the cave? Who needs pictures of million-year old formations???

Check out my post at Chicago Moms Blog....

12 comments:

Gettysburg Mom said...

That looks like it was a lot of fun. I had to laugh at the DS- my son's also comes along on all vacations. And I'm oh so jealous of the great lake shots...why oh why does southern PA have NO lakes?

Tonya said...

That picture of Corinne playing in the sand it great. She looks like she is having a blast even though you don't know what she is doing! They are all great pictures. Looks like you guys had a great time!

Bryan said...

your kids are adorable

Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

Yep that picture says it all!
Looks like such a great family time, your boys remind me of my boys. Dirt, fireside chants and video games...

Gucci Mama said...

What a great vacation! I love the matching head scarves. All of the pictures are very cute; your children are adorable. In fact, they're almost as cute as mine!

Sheryl said...

My hats off to you for braving a camping trip with all those kids! Doesn't the DS make EVERYTHING manageable? I love it!

Hannah said...

Great photos!! Your kids ARE cute!
I'm jealous of your summer camping weather, we are in the middle of huge storms down here, but I can't wait for summer and camping and all that fun stuff!

Kristi said...

Great photos. It looks like you all had a blast.

Green-Eyed Momster said...

Wow! That almost made me want to go camping! Looks like you all had a blast!! Thanks for your kind words. I'm doing much better today!! Hugs and love, T

anymommy said...

Adorable. And, you are pretty cute too!

Cynthia said...

Looks like a great vaca!

Michelle said...

those weren't excessive family vacation pictures! Look how much fun you all had!

Related Posts with Thumbnails