Thursday, July 17, 2008

Tra la la...

"Waaaahhhhh!" said the blogger, "I can't get online. I have to fill my hours playing with my children, cleaning a lovely home, and putting my feet up to read a favorite book. Poooor meeee...."
~~~~
It's amazing the pity party I can throw for myself when I don't get my own way. Seriously? I thought I was more mature than that! slapping wrist... With all of the privileges in my life, you would think I could handle a "hardship" like no internet service for a while!! (Ha! HardShip. I have never experienced true hardship!! )

So, in an effort to continue my vow to Stop the Whining!, I am going to list some of the things I am grateful for.

In no particular order:

1. toilet paper - hallelujah and a bottle of pop! When I go, ahem, I have the ability to clean myself! Without getting paper cuts down under! Whooot!!

2. deodorant - I bow down to the person who figured this out. Now if I could just get the man at the gas station to discover the joys of underarm odor control....

3. Blogging! Well, DUHHHH. One of my few hobbies, and the main reason I was all Grinchy these past few days.

4. This new keyboard. I have decided, after listening to the lovely, muted clicking, that I LOVE it! It is much quieter and very thin. Tres cool.


Sadly, I have to cut this list short. The laundry continues to call to me (traaaAAAAaaceeeyyy!!!!) and I have tons of lists piling up in my head. Packing for Wisconsin Dells and camping straight afterwards is requiring a bit more planning than I had, well, planned. I also have to straighten the house at least a BIT before the weekend as my neighbor will be feeding my cats and I can't imagine her walking into THIS mess! Oh! And tomorrow night? Tomorrow Patrick and I will be going to see John Mayer with my sister and brother-in-law! A GROWN-UP night!!!

Oh, also, I remember someone telling me I was either tagged or supposed to go to their blog for a meme or something, but I can't remember WHO!! Help a bloggy sister out, wouldja?

14 comments:

Laski said...

I have to say, I'm a pretty big fan of toilet paper, too!

Hannah said...

Ya know, I don't often express my appreciation for toilet paper and deoderant, but I do love them! Thanks for the reminder :-)

Have FUN at the concert! WOOT!

P.S. I REALLY want a new tres cool computer that is quiet and thin ...

Green-Eyed Momster said...

Thanks for stopping by! Thanks for the birthday wishes too! I ditto being thankful for #1! I would hate to have to use leaves!!
Have fun and stop by and visit when you can. My next post will probably be next Wednesday. Hugs!!

Cynthia said...

Deodorant it the best:)

anymommy said...

Deordorant and toilet paper. The finer things. I'd add hot showers. Love them. Very grateful.

Unknown said...

Lucky you having a grownup night!! That's definitely something to be grateful for. Have an awesome time!!

kimmy said...

Hooray for blogging! I would be sad too if I did not have access to a computer!

I can throw some pretty good pity parties too!

Kimmy

Bryan said...

my list would also include razors, tequila, remote controls and the usa today

the dragonfly said...

Laundry here is never-ending. But I am thankful for an apartment with a washer and dryer!

And yes, toilet paper. Can't imagine life without it. :)

But right now I'm thankful that my husband is HOME! Only for a bit, but still. HOME!!

Sheryl said...

I feel your pain. We've been without DVR for the past 8 weeks and it's killing me!

Kristi said...

Lack on Internet access is a hardship in my book, so don't apologize for complaining! Hope you had a fun time at the concert.

MommyTime said...

Yes, I <3 toilet paper. Can't vouch for your keyboard, but can totally relate to your feeling that there are not enough hours in the day for all the blogging one wants to do. Still...as long as it stays a fun diversion, it's all good, right?

Kamis Khlopchyk said...

Great list, I am with you on the toilet paper and deodorant! Thank goodness for those who come up with ingenious ideas.

And no internet had me crying the blues too... but mine was because of a virus. Grrr. It's fixed now, I think and for that I am very grateful!

;-)

Cheryl Lage said...

Count me in for some serious air conditioning appreciation! (Nothing like the South in the summer. Ugh.)

Toilet paper and deodorant are big thankfulness generators for me, too.

Also grateful that you were kind enough to comment on my guest blog entry over on Total Mom Haircut...now I'm thankful I've found your blog!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Related Posts with Thumbnails