Saturday, July 19, 2008

Nobody reads a Saturday post, anyway. Right?

The bags are packed. I am trying hard to not chew my nails down from worrying over forgetting something. I keep reminding myself that there are stores where we're going! If needed, we can always buy whatever I may forget. But it's just that extra hassle, you know?


We had a blast at John Mayer last night! Patrick and I get along with my sister and brother-in-law really well. I just wish we would go out more often. I felt like a GROWN-UP, which is nice. I was even able to pretend that we didn't look too old at the concert. I thought I was totally dressing appropriately, and, to a degree, I was. I mean, it was 92 and sunny out for an outdoor concert. I was wearing a sandals, capris and a tank top. Nothing revealing or uncomfortable to sit on the lawn in. If anyone has been to the World, er Tweeter Center, oops, I mean AT&T stadium (can you tell they have issues keeping a sponsor?) you know that the lawn is a very steep hill. Also? It rained that morning, so there was sufficient mud surrounding everywhere. Got the visual? Good.

Now. I want you to think of the least appropriate choice of clothing for a young woman to wear to a hot, outdoor concert on a steep muddy hill. Got it? Probably something similar to this, right?

I kid you not. Dressy dresses were in abundance! There are 5 dresses just there in front of us!! And they were EVERYwhere!! Is it just me? Is this a marker of how old I am? I mean, I cannot imagine wearing a dress to an OUTDOOR concert in the HEAT and MUD, even if I were 19 again!! (Man, to be 19 again...) I recall wearing a flowy, hippie skirt a few times, but honestly, I was in the minority and it was mudddddyyy by the end of the concerts!!

Anyway, onto the concert! Man, that guy can play. He literally was making out with his guitar.

Not THAT guy. But he is pretty cute, eh?

Speaking of incredible, look at the "after" shot of the field...

Now, imagine this multiplied by 100, at least for the Tinley Park field. Then, figure out that the concert hall has concerts every weekend and many week nights, too. Remember that there were blankets, shoes, and the strangest odds and ends incorporated in this mess. And NOW think of allll of the concerts and halls all over the U.S. (it's too much to think of the world. Just too, too much...)

Sickening, eh?

My sister and her husband helped deplete this landfill contribution by taking a shirt they found on the way out. Oh, and by using the blanket they found abandoned at the LAST concert they were at. Way to reuse, guys!

14 comments:

Jane of Seagull Fountain said...

Well, the dresses . . . if they're the right fabric, they're probably a lot cooler than pants, right?

I just know I'm old because concerts are so dang LOUD now.

anymommy said...

We use to go to the 4th fireworks in DC every year and I would always be so depressed at the end. Viewers just trashed the national mall - on Independence Day! Wrong.

Glad you had fun.

Kamis Khlopchyk said...

You think like me Tracey... the waste kills me! But you guys? You are trendsetters, go green!

And the dresses, I am in agreement. I can't remember the last time I wore a dress.

Ooops. Maybe I am old?

;-)

Gucci Mama said...

Very cute picture of you two, and I'm glad you had such a good time. It's so nice to feel like a grown up once in awhile, I know.

Wait. Did you say she picked up an ABANDONED BLANKET off the GROUND last year? Are you TRYING to give me a heart attack?

Hannah said...

I read every post - even Saturday ones!

Glad you had a great time at the concert. It's too funny about the fancy dresses at a venue like that! I'd rather be comfortable!! ;-)

Unknown said...

Ha! Glad you all had fun, and what a way to promote recycling!!

(just be sure to wash that shirt!!)

Cynthia said...

What's a dress?;)

Kristi said...

I see a lot of girls (women?) wearing those types of dresses to the oddest places. It must be a trend that I don't know about. Shocker!
Have a great vacation! You'll be missed.

Tonya said...

So glad you guys had fun. And that is crazy to wear a dress at a concert! What a mess the field was.

Erica said...

Hi Tracey :o)

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love to meet new people!

It sounds like you had fun at the John Mayer concert - you and your husband sure make a cute couple!

Beck said...

I would probably have worn a dress. I like dresses.
You guys look like you had SO MUCH FUN!

Damselfly said...

I'm almost jealous. I love John Mayer.

Lynsey said...

I would die to see him in concert but my husband HATES the guy....how can I get him to take me in August? Any suggestions?

Lynsey said...

I would die to see him in concert but my husband HATES the guy....how can I get him to take me in August? Any suggestions?

Related Posts with Thumbnails