Monday, July 21, 2008

The things they say...

Evan playing outside: "Ow! Mommy!! I hurt my finger! The baseball hit it!!! OWWWW!!!"



"Oh, let me see... Looks ok, but do you need a bandaid for that little cut?"



"No, ow, It's ok, I guess."



(whole family gathering gets involved with us at this point and begins to shout out advice)



"Rub some dirt on it, son!"



"You'll be ok, get back in the game!"



"Shake it off, Evan!"



Evan - "HOW can I shake off my Finger?!?"



ba dum bump.



~~~~~~



Me to Justin as we're hugging goodnight in his bed: "I love you, buddy."



"Love you too."



"Aren't I just your favorite Mom?"



pause...



"Well, I don't really have any choice cuz you're my ONLY mom!"



Much tickling and noogies on his head followed that statement. Lil twerp.

~~~~~~

Corinne to herself as she plays dress-up in a floor-length ballgown: "Oh! I have to hurry for da wedding!! I am getting married today!! Oh! Where da prince? Who I can marry?!?"



Mommy: "You're getting married today? You make a lovely bride! Who's the groom?"



Corinne: "EvAN! I gots to marry you!! Get over here NOW!"



Such a sweet, blushing bride, eh?

~~~~~~
Evan, playing in the tub with a cup of water, while Corinne splashes next to him "I'm watering my broccoli, and watermelon, and carrots, and tomatoes. Now I have to water the trees! The apple trees, and cherry trees, and orange trees and my Money Tree!"

Me: "Please, be sure to take extra care of that one!"

~~~
I have some posts scheduled for this week as we are on our way to the Dells!

8 comments:

Cynthia said...

Have fun!

Beth - Total Mom Haircut said...

Have a great trip - we're away as well. I love kid quotes, especially the money tree:)
Beth
http://www.totalmomhaircut.com/

Gucci Mama said...

You wouldn't perchance be speaking of *Wisconsin* Dells, my favorite childhood memory, would you? My favorite was when the whole extended family went and my grandma forced all of us to wear pink shirts and white pants...that outfit was a hit with all them men, let me tell you.
Have a ball!

Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

Cute, cute, cute! I love your girly, so funny.
Have a wonderful trip and take care,
Kristen

Tonya said...

those were great! Have a great time in the Dells. We are going to Door County in a few weeks :)

Hannah said...

Totally cute sayings!!

Have a great trip :-)

Kamis Khlopchyk said...

Ha! Those are great stories!

Have a great trip and fantastic vacation :)

Tiffanie Lloyd said...

Too cute! The things they say are indeed precious! Thanks for stopping by My Kids Blog! Be sure to come back later this week and meet our new writers.

Gonna browse your blog a bit while the kids nap.

Related Posts with Thumbnails