Monday, July 07, 2008

Bone tired

Heh. Steph just posted about being Judy Tired. That's me, today! Though, I might have been less than sweet about it and said "freakin tired" but, well, she's nicer than I am.


Why am I so tired? (I know you were totally asking that, and holding your breath till I filled you in. Admit it. And please! Don't hold your breath. It's not good for you.)


Our weekend is partly to blame. I mean, you can't go to an all-day party and fireworks on Friday, Ribfest and watching Joan Jett well into the night on Saturday (more on that in a minute) and then an extended outdoor brunch on Sunday and not be tired.


But mainly it's from cleaning. CLEANING people. My family room, to be exact. The extra toys that had immigrated from bedrooms and the basement are back in their native lands. Thanks for visiting, but please get a passport first. The stuffed animals that had been squatting in the toybox and were flowing onto the floor amidst Pokemon cards and Matchbox cars are awaiting some cuddling back on the beds. I relocated the kitchen set and shopping cart (with 2 buckets of play food) to the basement.


Folks, I even vacuumed with the attachments. Yes. My family room is clean.


However, I just shrieked like a banshee at my children when they exclaimed over the long-lost toys that they could now SEE again. "NO TOYS TODAY!!" No one, and I mean NO. ONE. is allowed to play in the family room today. No playing!! Stop having fun!! I just want something to remain clean. I think I'll take a picture so that I can prove to Patrick that YES, I did a crapload of work today. But housework is fluid, you know? Cleaning with children in the home is like trying to hold back the ocean with a sand structure. It might work for a bit, but when the tide comes in? Forget about it. (make sure you use a thick New York Italian accent for that last bit, m'kay?)
~~~
I have some AWEsome pictures from Saturday! We went to the Naperville Ribfest and our kids saw their first real concert. They also entertained a group of inebriated college kids with some wicked dance moves. I have some serious attention hogs, let me tell you!



Evan and Corinne were so excited to feed the goats. Like, crazy excited. Go figure. Thankfully, the goats were really interested in the grass they were feeding them, so I saved a few bucks on buying animal feed. Score! Of course, everything else cost an arm and a leg...

..like the rides! Ka-CHING! The boys loved them, but Corinne sobbed about being too little.

So we let her and Evan ride the kiddie Ferris wheel. Think they liked it?

I managed to embarrass myself by falling on my butt on the rope thingy (and then by posting a really unflattering picture on the internet. Genius!)

After dancing like maniacs to Joan Jett, the kids were getting tired....

I just love summer festivals!

See my post at Chicago Moms Blog about a snake infestation in my home...

12 comments:

the dragonfly said...

I posted about cleaning today too! Only not so much about how much I've been cleaning but how much I need to clean. :)

I'm the same way when a room is really clean. I become the "no" lady...a bit obsessively..

:)

Gucci Mama said...

What a fun day! The tired after fun like that is a good kind of tired.

So, attachments and all, huh? Got into the rhythm and lost your head, didn't you? ;)

I totally get the no fun ever again mindset after marathon cleaning...I turn into quite a drill sergeant myself sometimes.

Hannah said...

There is NO POINT cleaning! Nobody notices and it just gets messed up again straight away. But I have to commend you on your excellent job ... I hope Patrick saw "evidence" or that you really did take pictures!
I'm the same when it comes to ATTEMPTING to keep a clean room clean. But even worse than that, I find that once I start cleaning, I get totally carried away and there goes 4 hours. I'd rather spend those 4 hours doing something fun!!

The summer festival looks like heaps of fun, I am sooooooooo (SO!) envious of your hot summer weather. We are freezing down here ...

Tonya said...

That is a great picture of you and your hubby...at least I hope that is your hubby ;) Two days girl! Did you email me your cell number? I need to go check...

Melissa said...

I usually leave my cleaning till about 4-4:30. Then the house is clean when my hubby gets home at 5. I know I can't get it REALLY clean, but it's usually good enough :)

kimmy said...

I can totally relate with you about cleaning the family room. Once I have cleaned a room, NO ONE is allowed to play in it...even my hubby!

Kimmy

Kamis Khlopchyk said...

My family room is in the same predicament....I just assumed there was no hope. Now I just might have to tackle the monster.

Then again it'll still be there tomorrow.

What a fun festival, glad you having a great summer :-)

Laski said...

Jealous. We went to the Ribfest just before we moved. Actually, we did just about everything we could do in Chicago and surrounding burbs before we left for Podunkville . . .

BTW, "vacuumed with the attachments"--are you mad??? This level of cleaning is reserved for the boring winter months when you are snowed in . . .

Jamie said...

So much fun! Can't wait for our big fair, kids are so cute on the rides :) Love your photo!

Kristi said...

Eh, cleaning. Highly over-rated, and as you said, the second it's done, you need to start all over again. Some great photos too!

Gal on the Go said...

Looks like you all had a wonderful July 4th! Great pictures, thanks for sharing.

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Ha- I very well could have been caught saying freaking tired, too! I am still so very judy tired, tho.

Steph

Related Posts with Thumbnails