Sunday, June 15, 2008

It's in the bag.,,

Happy Father's Day! I hope that all of the Dads in your life, on Earth and no longer with us, know how much they mean to us. I hope that every father has someone say how lucky they are to be their child...


We are spending the day with family, avoiding the downpour (boooo) and observing our offspring as they try to dismantle my sister's house. Should be a real hoot!!

~~~

I have been in a funk for a few days. Between Corinne's sicky sicks (she's better, thanks. Fever off and on yesterday, but no more puking), some mid-life (though I'm only 32) worries, and Patrick's recent acquisition... ...I am stuck in my own murk. Bleecch.


I did receive something in the mail that made me smile, though.
Nothing like mail with a prize in it to brighten your mood!


I forsee many trips to the pool with this lovely bag from Root and Sprout, and people saying "Hey, what's Root and Sprout?" and my reply being something along the lines of "Oh, it's an online parenting magazine that I contribute to." Doesn't that sound all fancy and job-like?Like a person with worth other than the ability to catch puke and remember when everyone's soccer games are?


Thanks Melissa! Plus, I now have her address so I can totally stalk her. Mwuaa-haaa-haaa!!!


:)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I am definitely NOT showing my husband this post, lest he run off and get a motorcycle himself (although he's more apt to buy a big screen TV with absolutely no consultation from me).

Glad you got the bag and that you like it!! And I would *love* for you to stalk me . . . er . . . that doesn't sound weird, does it??

Glad Corinne is feeling better! I've got another sick kid now and am missing the fun Father's Day festivities. :-(

Tonya said...

I am glad Corrine is feeling better. Cute bag. I just got myself a beach bag for the pool!

Beck said...

My husband is more likely to buy an even dorkier minivan than he is to buy a motorcycle, God bless him.
Cute bag!

Michelle@Life with Three said...

Sorry to hear about the icky weather and your funk, but at least your little one is feeling better. And...gifts in the mail always perk me up!

On a completely different note, I've tagged you for a meme. You can find all the details here: http://lifewiththree.blogspot.com/2008/06/everyone-has-momentary-lapses-in.html

Kristi said...

Oh wow. That's some motorcycle!
Congrats on winning the toe bag!

Related Posts with Thumbnails