Thursday, May 08, 2008

Doling out the dough...

Who knew that when you have a precious, innocent little baby, that so much of their school years would require you to fill out forms? Forms for school, for school supplies, for Cub Scouts, for pizza parties, field trips, talent shows, and on and on... Huh? WHY did no one explain that to my anxious self back then? I just spent over $300 on public school registration and supplies' pre-orders (LOVE pre-ordering. LOVE it.). "Free" public schools, eh?

Anyway!! Head on over to my post at Chicago Moms Blog, and see me gush and wax poetic about the blogosphere...

Muwah!

5 comments:

Beth from the Funny Farm said...

Yep.. and our grade school makes parents sign daily for homework assignments. UUGH!

Amy said...

Its great huh? (note my sarcasm)

Unknown said...

*HATE* the paperwork. And all the . . . "could you please donate a few dollars to (insert cause)." And of course, I always donate because there are some families at my kids' school who are living at or below poverty and who wouldn't have soccer jerseys or a "free" book from the libray, or etc. if the rest of us didn't step in to help. But yeah . . . I understand what you're saying.

Sheryl said...

Oh yes. It's so frustrating, all the work that parents have to do!

Anonymous said...

ugh. Happy to go the Private route and at least prepare myself for selling my soul for school right?

Related Posts with Thumbnails