Wednesday, May 07, 2008

2 years and 2 days

I realized, somewhat startlingly, that I have been blogging for 2 years now. 2 years and 2 days, to be exact. It has left me feeling somewhat taken aback as I still feel so incredibly new to blogging. I am grateful that I have kept this journal for myself and my children. There are things that I had forgotten until reading back over them this morning. Good and bad, the posts cover my daily life. They explain, to a TINY degree, who I am and who I was. My children NEVER could have known all of this, without this blog. I have kept handwritten journals for each of them, but they are usually written as letters to my children, about them specifically. This blog gives a rounded version of our FAMILY. Of each of them, of my relationship with Patrick and of Me.

Being a mother means becoming a person of knowledge. It means being the one who makes hurts feel better. It means being the one they call for in the night. Being a mom means losing a bit of your individuality in your children's eyes as your life becomes enmeshed with theirs, and your interests meld with their loves.

It means growing up, at least on the outside, even though you still feel like you must be only 17 or so, with your whole life stretching in front of you. Being a mother means taking a good look at your own mom and realizing that all of the choices she made for you and your family as you grew up were as unknown and scary as they are for you. It means that you come to the understanding that life is a continual cycle, with no beginnings or ends, truly...

And so, on this lovely rainy May day, with the grass so green it is almost neon, and the yellow finches and robins courting each other from the fencelines to the treetops, I am thankful for this lovely thing called a blog. I am grateful to everyone who visits my little corner of the web. I am SO incredibly happy to have an outlet for a little bit of creativity, and a lot of friends.

Thank you!

11 comments:

Rebecca said...

Tracey, that was beautiful! Thank you for sharing it!

Type (little) a aka Michele said...

2 and 2, just like Chuck Woolery on the Dating Game! (Forgive me I watched I love the 80s this weekend!)

Congratulations on being here 2 years. I like having you around. :-)

Also, AWESOME header! I have got to click through more often! :-)

Anonymous said...

That means it's been almost 2 years since we met! Man, we really need to get together again soon!

Tonya said...

Happy 2 year anniversary!

Unknown said...

What a nice post, Tracey!!

Hannah said...

Great post! I feel the same way about my own blog.

Happy 2-year-and-2-day Blogaversary!

kimmy said...

I couldn't have said it better myself! Thanks for sharing Tracey!

Glad to hear I am not the only one with a squishy belly button!

Kimmy

Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

I feel exactly the same! Beautiful post Tracey, take care,
Kristen

Kristi said...

Happy Blogaversary!

Kamis Khlopchyk said...

Happy 2 years! I started two yeas ago in March and completely missed noting the milestone:-)

Next year!

Michelle said...

Happy bloggiversary to you! thanks for sharing your life and family :) Happy Mother's Day too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails