Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Wet Wednesday

Wouldn't it figure that the weekend I finally agree to have a garage sale, it's predicted to rain the entire time? I am not a big fan of holding garage sales. The amount of effort involved and the actual $ that is brought in is never "worth it" in my experience. Whatever doesn't sell is going right into the donation truck, so I am pricing reeeaaalllly low. In fact, if you happen by my sale, I will probably just give you what you were thinking about. Honestly? I don't haggle. If my price of $1.00 for a brand new dvd in the case (doubles from a dvd company) is too high for you? Then just take it. The buck isn't worth the discussion.

Oy. I need this coffee to kick in. I couldn't fall asleep very quickly last night due to the fact that Justin was in our bed, and HE couldn't fall asleep, due to the conversation that Patrick had with the kids. He was just trying to make them understand that water does NOT belong in the heat vent (um, yikes!) and Justin got freaked over the whole invisible gases leaking into our home idea. Patrick went downstairs to check the pilot light and make Justin feel better, but the poor kid was so worried that he actually felt nauseous, and scared that he would throw up!

Back to the rain, Patrick and Justin are supposed to go on a scouting campout this weekend.... Heh. Heh... I don't know what's worse: being in a soaking wet tent in a rainy campground with muddy boys or being at my garage sale alone, with 2 kids that want to play outside but have to stay with Mom while she watches people wonder if they should fork over 25 cents for a Gap sweatshirt.

Topping it all off? I have a sore throat and am coughing. Oh, and I have NOTHING in the garage yet. Guess what I'm doing today....

8 comments:

Type (little) a aka Michele said...

The buck isn't worth the discussion.

AMEN!!

Unknown said...

Ew. I'm not a big fan of holding garage sales either. Bridget's preschool is holding it's annual rummage sale this weekend, and you wouldn't believe the amount of stuff already piled in the back of my van. Sadly, my house doesn't look any less empty.

Here's to hoping the rain holds off for you (it's supposed to rain here, too).

Michelle said...

I hope the rain holds off for you!

Kristi said...

You're so right. Garage sales = massive headache and very little payoff. That said, I like shopping at other people's sales!
I hope for bright sunny skies for you.

Hannah said...

Good luck with the garage sale - sounds like you'll probably do well since you aren't going to be worrying about the prices. We had one a few weeks back and my Dad just sold everything for a buck ... he made about $300 so not bad!

Here's hoping you have good weather, too!

Green-Eyed Momster said...

I'm with you on the whole garage sale thing. I gave more stuff away than I sold. Months of work putting the thing together, ad in the paper (we're out in the boonies), sitting out waiting for customers all day. I think I grossed $30.00 after the ad. Yeah, I donated what was left but someone had the nerve to ask me if they could take some bags that were sitting out for the Salvation Army truck to pick up. I told them "NO!" I'd already given them a truck load of stuff! They weren't taking my donations too!!! Hope you feel better. I got strep throat after a garage sale in 1999. I'm hoping you feel well soon and good luck with your sale!! Hugs!

Tonya said...

Man you are making me rethink agreeing to have a garage sale of my own. My hubby has been bugging me about it for about 6 months now and I finally caved and said yes. But it will be nice to get rid of some of the kids clothes. A little sad too, but I'll deal!

Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

Feel better soon! I so don't do garage sales, so much work for nuttin'. I do need to haul a bunch of stuff out of my place though, we are becoming overrun.
Good luck!

Related Posts with Thumbnails