Tuesday, May 20, 2008

My inner child...


It's not often you'll find unposed pictures of me. I am usually the one behind the camera, which makes it hard for anyone to really "capture" me, as I appear naturally. But what you see above? That is me. That is who I am, inside. My young self appears frequently, and is brought out by everything from sidewalk chalk and swinging to Christmas Eve excitement and believing in fairies. But one time that I am guaranteed to be a child again, is at an amusement park. Nothing uncovers the youthful side of Tracey like seeing the REAL Winnie the Pooh, or racing down a roller coaster with my hands held high, screaming and smiling and thankful to be alive.
And this picture? In this picture I was ecstatic to be sharing my love of amusement parks with my daughter for her very first time. I was so excited to see her joy, that riding the Winnie the Pooh ride really felt like we WERE In the 100 Acre Woods...
~~~
Five Minutes For Mom is having another contest about the Kid in You! I figure, if I enter enough contests, I'm bound to win one eventually, right?

7 comments:

Sheryl said...

What a precious picture of you two! I enjoy amusement parks too. We've loved living so close to Disney.

Kristi said...

Such an amazing picture of the two of you. I hope you have this framed and displayed in your house somewhere. Candid shots like this one are by far my favorite photos.

And I LOVE amusement parks too.

Beck said...

That look on your face is WONDERFUL. And I've mentioned before how you look EXACTLY like a dear friend of mine - except she's VERY blond! But you guys could be TWINS!

Posh Mama said...

Great photo!! Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

Muthering Heights said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE gdiapers too! I know this has nothing to do with your actual post, but I saw the pic on your sidebar. I'm planning to do a review of them on my blog here pretty soon...

Muthering Heights said...

Oh, sorry, mu URL is

http://mutheringheights.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

This is such a sweet memory. My older son works at an amusement park near our home which makes it possible for me to visit frequently. The smells of icecream, popcorn, and cotton candy usually get me feeling a bit nostalgic. Hope you WIN!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails