Sunday, April 27, 2008

Do you go commando?

Is it just me? Am I the only one?

Do you all know exactly what to do when you arrive? Is it a given? Completely natural? Or do you hesitate, as I do, and have an argument with yourself?

I don't normally consider myself a prude. Nor am I over-the-top loose and free, but usually a naked body is no big deal. After birthing 3 kids, my body doesn't feel 100% private, either.

But as I watched that door close yesterday, as I stripped off my shirt, then pants, socks and bra... I debated with myself over the final step...

My modesty won.

I'm sure the masseuse sees undies all the time, right?

8 comments:

Heather said...

Honestly, I've always kept my undies on. I guess I'm just a little shy about that, but the bra comes right off...they need to be able to massage my back fully.

Type (little) a aka Michele said...

I go commando, totally. I don't even think about it.

What about the sauna/steam room? At my new gym, the women there wear bathing suits or even WORKOUT CLOTHES. WTF? I always go in with only a towel, which i usually take off, and these people have made me doubt myself. LOL

Marketing Mommy said...

I leave my undies on...unless it's a hot stone massage.
Nice meeting you today!

Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

Just go for it girl!
to be honest, I am pretty hesitant about taking them off...
but I have been told that you should.

Farrah said...

I go "commando" too but feel a little nervous each time. I feel weird getting on the table and getting covered up, but once they start the massage, I don't care anymore.
A friend of mine is trying to convince me to go to a "naked spa" somewhere in the city. I am a little nervous but maybe it will be like the whole "going to the pool pregnant" thing we were talking about today. Better to be naked pregnant than after baby is born but my chub hasn't gone away... :)

Melissa said...

I've never had a massage... sad, eh? But I think my modesty would also win out... I think...

Debbie said...

I always go commando. I've had massages done on my hips and undies would have gotten in the way.

I just find it more comfy too. You don't find yourself suddenly attached to the blanket underneath!

Tricia said...

Commando- but i can't stand it when they are young svelte things... oh well, someday they too will look like me, they just don't know it yet ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails