Saturday, March 29, 2008

Move along. Nothing to see here...

Drinking a glass of wine...

Why, you ask? Weeelllll....

Patrick heard about a party-thingy at a Motorcycle store nearby. Not my normal cup-o-tea, but he really wanted to go, and the radio station was going to be there, which, you know, means it's cool. So, go we did. The bikes were really cool to look at, but I was more concerned with the REAL possibility of Patrick wanting another toy... And I just can't handle it right now. Can't. We have too many bills and responsibilities that we don't adequately care for as it is.

Anyway. After we talked (i.e. I whined, he assured, I worried, etc.) we went. The boys were bouncing off of the walls, while Corinne walked happily alongside Daddy. She was content with the free Cheetos. I watched the boys and their buddy as the men repeatedly disappeared... usually when the boys were taking helmets off of the rack and making my heart stop. I do NOT need to buy a broken motorcycle helmet for several hundred dollars!

We finally left, after eating hot dogs in the entryway and avoiding knocking down racks and racks of fancy motorcycles, and headed to Sam's Club to just browse, and eat free samples. YUM. Corinne basically had Cheetos and free samples for lunch. But! The basic food groups were completely covered, as we hit the frozen foods, dry foods and produce. Gotta love Sam's on a Saturday...

Not sure what my issues are the past few days. I'm trying to get my head back on, and hoping for my good mood to return. Spring definitely has helped, but I can't get the conversation with Patrick from a few weeks ago out of my brain. It was a deep, moving, wrenching night. We seemed to have come to some agreements on things to work on. Annnddd.... nothing. Nada. My attempts at 20 minute talks, 3 times a week, always crash and burn. He doesn't put them as a priority, or even as something to remember, so it continues to be me nagging him to please, PLEASE, puh-lease sit down with me and talk. And then he fidgets and I fidget. And I get upset because he didn't even remember our talk night. And I get upset because he wants to go to sleep even though it's earlier than we normally sleep. And then I get upset because he can budget hours and HOURS every week to work out, to see his friend, to play video games... but 60 minutes weekly for me is a hassle and unreasonable and I couldn't possibly understand how it feels to wake up so early...

Wow. This wasn't intended as a whine or rant fest. Just letting my fingers get all wild and crazy....

Just hanging out now. Waiting Patrick's return with the movies for the night. And as he was leaving, I realized a sad, sad fact about myself: I have NEVER rented a movie by myself. Ever. Ever, ever, ever. Pathetic, don't you think?
Post a Comment
Related Posts with Thumbnails