Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Wed.Nes.Day.

Well, waah wahh for me, yesterday. Hormonal fluctuations are FUN. Sorry if I hurt any feelings. I didn't mean to. I just wanted a physical friend to hang with, and all of mine seem to live too far away.

Tra laa laaaaa!!! (30 points to the first person to tell me the character that says that line). I spent a lovely hour last night watching Justin at soccer practice. He was a normal kid, with average abilities, and having a great time. It's so refreshing!

We went to Play it Again Sports store to get him some new soccer shoes, shin guards and socks for the both of them. It ended up costing me what it normally would have cost for a brand new pair of shoes ONLY. Yay! Of course, since it was getting so late in the morning, and cutting into Corinne's naptime, I decided to just shop at Dominick's instead of the other grocery store that is further down the highway and way less expensive. Ahem. Any money I saved at the sports store, I spent double of in Dominick's. They SUCK. TOO EXPENSIVE. I'm sorry, but if you are selling the EXACT SAME prepackaged item in your store for twice the amount? Well, that just sucks. And you are thinking you are way too cool of a store. And your store will DIE when Super WalMart finishes being built. So phhhbbbtttt on you and your fancy schmancy prices. Me no like you.
---
As Michele was saying yesterday, babies seem to be everywhere lately. I don't think I'm going through a baby fever, myself. Especially seeing as how I still HAVE a "baby" and she is our last. But that is what I am going through: our LAST. No more tiny expectations and hopes while pregnant. Never to feel a baby dance and squirm inside of me. Never to experience labor again... that may sound strange, as labor is no fun (duh) but it's such a powerful feeling. You feel like you can do ANYthing after pushing a child out of your body... and that feeling is over for me. Sigh... Am I getting old? Well, obviously, older, but I'm thinking this is a mini-pre-midlife-crisis. Mini. And it will hit again when Corinne reaches other milestones. Like her turning 3? Get out the tissues. I have been pregnant with another each time the boys turned 3, so that will be FUN. Fun, I tell you.
---
Whooo doggy! This is a fun blog lately!! Bring on the party favors!

Quick info note: We bought Kellogg's cereal straws at the store-which-won't-be-named yesterday, and the kids are LOVING them. If your kid doesn't like to drink milk (not that mine don't like it!), then this may be a way to sneak it into them.

11 comments:

Jamie said...

I hear you on the "physical friend" thing. I had one of those days yesterday.
And just so you know, I have the best "Avery cheeks" in town if you ever come to Seattle or I ever come to... your town :) See how close we are?? :)

Anonymous said...

Your blog IS fun! I love the way you write. I'm such a comment slacker.

I'm going through baby fever big time right now. This next one, whenever THAT happens, will probably be our last one. PROBABLY. MAYBE. WE'LL SEE.

Melissa said...

I think we all have days where we want a friend to just hang! No offense here...
Those cereal straws look like fun... and I have one that won't drink milk... hmmmm. Might have to check those out!

we are reilly said...

Oh, I'm going through that HORMONAL time right now -- NO ONE can make me happy right now! Well, I guess a little smile from Payton when she says, "mommy, you not feel well?" then gives me a kiss to make me feel better. I always go through these mood swings when I'm PMSing -- today -- I want to QUIT everything! Quit work, quit church, quit being a mommy....EVERYTHING! Tomorrow is a new day though, and it's usually better the second day :)

Unknown said...

Recently, I told my wife that I've been experiencing hot flashes. I told her I think I have PMS, the male version.

My wife looked at me, hugged me and said: "Honey, go take a shower. You stink."


Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/

painted maypole said...

wow, just the mention of Dominicks took me right back to grocery shopping back when I went to college outside of Chicago. I am thinking of a particular doulbe decker parking garage, just for the darn store. That is something I have not thought of in a long time. Are they still not allowed to sell liquor on Sundays?

Lei said...

ditto the feelings of having your last lap around the track!

oh, and the cereal straws too.lol!

Jen said...

Tracey, honestly you crack me up!!!!

Anonymous said...

So, "tra la laaa." David Bowe in Labrynth?? If that's not what you were looking for, oh well, because he says that in that movie!!! LoL.

Physical friends are nice. I've going to several mom groups and loving it!!!

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Captain Underpants, People!!! Read them. They crack me up.

Elle*Bee said...

Ditto on the physical friend. Three of my closest friends have moved out of state in the past year (and no, I apparently haven't gotten the hint...LOL). There's one older woman that I'm close to but that's it.

Remember how easy it was to be 5? You: "hey, want to be my friend?" Strange Kid: "ok." Now we have to network. I'm soooo not good at that.

I know what you mean about baby fever. My baby starts kindergarten on Monday! Of course at my age, I waver between "WAAAHHHH! I want another baby!" and "Oh please, oh please, don't let me be pregnant!" Maybe Demi Moore (or whoever) can pull of pregnancy in his early to mid- 40's and have it be wonderful. I'm No Demi Moore (or whoever). OY!

Related Posts with Thumbnails