Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Trouble sleeping....

Hmmm. So, I've been up since 2:30 am. FUN. Patrick just left and I am brewing a pot of coffee. I'm sure I'll pass out just about when the kids wake up...

It has been horrid out these past few days!! Absolutely awful. Like a sauna outside. And the rain is no reprieve.... it just keeps on being moist and steamy. Walking outside is almost painful when you leave the cool air conditioning. It is moments like these that I am so glad to live in a state that has vastly different seasons. For as awful and hot as it is this moment, it will be over in the blink of an eye. The cool and crisp days will come soon, bringing the excitement of the winter with it.

For now, I will try to enjoy these last few days of summer. Hoping for a break in the humidity, so that we may go to the parks and zoo. Trying to come to terms with Evan starting kindergarten... This whole growing up thing? Yeah, it sucks for Mommas. Really sucks. Every time that I think I can have a handle on life, that I "get it," the whole situation just seems to morph into something else, and I feel like a fish, held aloft, wondering if I'll be released or eaten for dinner. (Hmmm... fishing analogies... I AM tired.) So now, I get to get used to having 2 in elementary school. And all will be fine after a while. And then? Then, Justin will go to middle school, then high school... Corinne will become a young woman, I will continue to grow older as will Patrick and my family....

Oy. Blame the hormonal cycle for my insomnia and dreariness here. I am also holding the weather responsible, for who can be Suzy Sunshine when they can't even go outside?

Since it was pouring yesterday, I never did make it out to shop, so I intend on going today (with a cup of coffee in hand). Hoping to have fun with the kids. Maybe get an ice cream or something... Cuz we sure won't be going to that playgroup at the park!
Post a Comment
Related Posts with Thumbnails