Saturday, July 07, 2007

Again with the no title?? Anyone know why I can't click on the title line???
---
So! Big day today! We rearranged the rooms!! YAY!

Our family room couch was shot. Literally, it was kaput. (Never buy a recliner sofa, IMO. They are HEAVY and hard to move. They then need to be taken apart with every move, therein compromising the integrity of the sofa, which causes it to fall apart.) We had been looking for new furniture for a few months, but could find nothing that was:

1. good quality, but not TOO nice (we do have 3 kids, after all)

2. not so expensive that we had to go into debt for it.

3. not hideous.

4. not pillow back (too much work to keep looking arranged)

5. not that soft, squishy material that you have to brush to make the fibers go the same way (which is what most of the styles we liked seemed to be made with.)

and on and on...

SO. We just never bought one, and just told people to please not sit on the first cushion of the couch, cuz you will fall down an extra foot and a half to hit the wood. Sounds comfy, doesn't it?

I had the BRILLiant idea last night to take the semi nice couch (4 years old) from the living room, put it in the family room, bring the love seat from the family room (still in surprisingly good condition in comparison to the matching couch) and put it in the living room, and put the broken couch on the curb with a sign that said "TAKE ME!" Which we did.

But FIRST, before doing all of this, we had to vacuum. BIG. Time. Remember how I said Kirby's suck? And how ours died? Yeah. Well, Patrick bought a new vacuum today! Yay! He got the floor model of a nice Eureka or something. I didn't care. Just SOMEthing to get the food off of the floor (besides my hands). I vacuumed the family room. Ahhhh... so nice. Listening to that crackly sound of the crap flowing up up and away...

Then, I went to vacuum the living room. Hmm. It didn't work. I had a thought "Oh crap."

"Honeeey?? I think I may have made a mistake on the Kirby.... I think it's our outlets.. "

Which it was. He flipped the circuit breaker for me, and, like MAGIC, it worked!

So, we now have 2 vacuums! But our Kirby is going upstairs, because the suction is still for crap, and I hate it. But maybe I'll clean the bedrooms more, now?

(insert maniacal laughter here)

12 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh I had to laugh about the vaccums and the outlets! To think that was all it was :) But at least you got a better vaccum out of the deal!

Miss Hope said...

Been there, killed a kirby. The vacuum that replaced it? Bought it day after Thanksgiving about 6 years ago and the sucker is still going strong. Go figure. For 36 bucks.

painted maypole said...

i could't click on the title thing with one computer, but could on our other computer. That doesn't explain what is happening, though. weird.

Unknown said...

HAHAHAHA!!

When our couch finally died, we bought a pleather couch and loveseat from Big Lots. And they were cheap!! We figure they will last another few years before the kids are old enough to appreciate real furniture. Oh wait, what am I thinking? They don't appreciate much of anything!

Jamie said...

I can't make a title either! Bad Blogger...

We have a microfiber sofa (the kind you don't want - for good reason), it's annoying how when you get up, there is a print of your rear left there. And it's never flattering.

LaughterThoughts said...

we have those recliner couches. they are definitely h.e.a.v.y... especially heavy when i decided to rearrange the rooms on my own.... between moving those crazy suckers and the big ol' rug (who knew an 8x10 rug would be so heavy and impossible to manage?!)...

yay for new things, though! got me a new vacuum a few weeks ago, and i'm in love with it. :) i finally sent my close-to-worthless bissell to the garage!

Beck said...

I need an upstairs vaccuum. Right now, I mostly just pretend that dirt on the second level gets dealt with by that gravity stuff.
Hey, half the people I know have a busted couch. Goes with having kids, I think.

Melissa said...

Ha! That made me laugh!! I want a new vacuum... ours leaves crumbs all over... but what can you expect from a 10 year old vacuum...

Nikki said...

I've had title problems too but I've found if you move your mouse slightly above the title box it turns into the right cursor and lets you click and type. Weird!

Kailani said...

I wish I had two vaccums. I hate carrying it up and down the stairs.

BTW, I'm having the same problem with blogger. I have to click on the title box like 30 times before I can type anything in there.

kailani
An Island Life

Mike said...

I know its time that vaccum in our house, too. My 4-year old sneezed and told me, "Daddy, I think I'm allergic to the dust that you haven't cleaned up yet."

Hmp.


Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/

Phoenix said...

I can't put in a title either. Maybe titles are out and no titles are the new black? Or something like that.

Related Posts with Thumbnails