Thursday, February 08, 2007

Can we expense this?

I just found out that Patrick is going to be in Toronto in a week for a whole week. Grrrr... So. I did what any intelligent wife would do. I wrote a list and I'm off to Wal-Mart to buy paint for our bedroom. Damnit, I am NOT happy about being alone all week, so the least I can have is a bedroom that is decorated! We have been here for over 2 years and have YET to paint our room. It is the bland white walls that (I think) is the original paint from it being built about 7 years ago! Flat, marked up, and BORING. We have a bedspread and curtains that I like, but I never got around to the finishing touch which is painting big maroon and deep pink squares all over our walls. It WILL look good. Damnit.

And I just have to wonder, can we write this off as a travel expense?

8 comments:

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Oh gosh. Well, at least you get to paint! I won't even say how long we've lived here and we STILL have white walls. It's enough to send you over the edge, I know.

Anonymous said...

You are painting sqaures??? How hard will that be? I think you've been watching too much Trading Spaces!! LOL.

I'm gonna be in town Feb 23-25th! Let me know if you're free!

Jen said...

Well ahve fun!!!! That absolutely sucks that he will be gone a whole week. You'll definetly deserve a night out after that!!!

Nicole said...

I want to paint the walls of our bedroom too. We painted it a deep red, but I am already tired if it after 2 years.

I bet yours is going to turn out great. Post Pics!

Anonymous said...

Sure...decorating has GOT to go along w/ traveling RIGHT?? LOL I have actually decided I'm about ready to give my bedroom a make-over too. Yes, we just built this house less than a year ago...I don't care...its time for a change. ha!

andria said...

My husband is going out of town for the next 2 weekends. I couldn't even imagine painting with my two, I am going to be worn out by the time I ever see him again. He is going to owe me big time.

Elle*Bee said...

xdHi Tracey. You were kind enough to stop by my blog, so I thought I'd check out yours. Good luck with the painting. My house is 6 yrs old and I can honestly say that there isn't a single room that is the same color as when we moved in. In fact a couple of rooms have are on their third (and in one case, fourth) color! Can you tell I'm fickle?

Michelle said...

sorry to hear he's going to be gone for a week! Hope you get your room painted how you want though!

Related Posts with Thumbnails