Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Please don't take my sunshine away...

Who would have thought that such a sweet song could make my son cry? Evan was soooo sad when I sang him that song (at his request). He asked what that line meant and I told him that it meant I would miss him when he grew up and moved away, or something like that. Oh man. WRONG answer.
"I don't want to grow!I want to be your little boy and live here forever!"

"OK!! You can live here forever. You'll always have a home with Mommy and Daddy, ok?"

I felt so bad. Poor baby. And this was after a rough night of punishments for him, resulting in him going to bed early. Sigh.

I hadn't really planned on letting my kids live with us forever... Hmmm. I wonder what Patrick will think about this plan? Oh, and how he'll feel when Evan kicks HIM out so he can marry Mommy...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

SlowMo always says that she's not getting married, or having kids. I told her that was fine, but she's not allowed to live with us forever...that she can buy the house across the street, and bring us our dinner everynight! I'm so bad.

Michelle said...

Oh that is so sweet that he doesn't want to grow up and move out!

beth said...

Oh, that's so sad and sweet. The song is rather odd when you think about it...

Dana said...

LOL Tracey, Tanner tells me he doesn't even want to have a lot of birthdays and get old. He doesn't want to be like Granny (she's a crotchety 92 next month!) He also will give me a kiss and say, "Please don't tell Daddy!" Like I'm cheating or something?! Aren't kids a crack up?

Related Posts with Thumbnails