Thursday, November 09, 2006

You can all rest easier, now...

Call off the troops!! The search party can rest as the missing family member is FOUND.

I repeat: Pandy Bear is no longer MISSING!!!! He apparently decided it would be fun to rough it outdoors in the Illinois November rain for a week while sitting on our patio chair. When we went outside today to clean the patio off and enjoy the 70 degree weather (WOW), there he was. Mocking me with his grimy ear and floppy neck. Somewhat wet and worse for the wear, but not too much of a difference than before. I think that I was happier than Evan, but he did squeal and jump around and hug and kiss Pandy over and over. I then threw him into the gentle cycle to get any freeloading bugs that might have crawled into his fur (to eat the dried-on syrup, undoubtedly). And Evan is happily sleeping in his own bed tonight, without any arguments.

(imagine me doing the happy dance and smiling from ear to ear here)

---

We are hoping to get outside again tomorrow. It won't be nearly as nice as today, but still better than normal Illinois Nov weather. Our new neighbors might come over to play (YAY!! Another stay at home mom!! With kids my ages! And she's nice! PLEASE be my FRIEND!!!!). She has been very generous and has given me a few bags of her daughter's clothing that she outgrew this summer! Yay! I love free clothes. And they are so cute! And in great shape, too. Which makes me wonder: when passing on clothing to me, do other people only pass on their "nice" stuff and get rid of the play clothes and stained stuff, or are my kids just really hard on clothes? Or am I just an awful laundress who can't get clothes clean? Hmmmm... Do I care too much? No. FREE CLOTHES!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Yay!! so glad you found Pandy :) and that you've made a new friend with kids' the same ages - that's always nice!

I think I must be the worse laundress too...I always wonder why no one else's kids have clothes with stains, but Kayla's shirts all seem to have stains on them. I wonder what I'm doing wrong, why I can't wash the clothes right! I try to rinse the food (or whatever) out that same day, but it still doesn't alway help. Frustrating.

Jen said...

YEAH!!! That has to be a huge relief!!!

Don't worry about the laundry thing. I think those people just spend entirely too much time soaking and scrubbing. I have mostly given up with my boys. I pretreat and wash on HOT and if it doesn't come out, oh well, I can only do so much...

Type (little) a aka Michele said...

I only give away the "medium" stuff. The super-nice stuff I keep (for sentiment, or another baby) and the effed up stained clothes get trashed.

Congrats on finding pandy bear. I felt your pain

Related Posts with Thumbnails