Thursday, November 16, 2006

Stairmaster anyone?

Oh. My. God.

My heart is beating about a mile a minute and I just scaled those stairs like someone WAY more athletic than I...

I was browsing through blogs, minding my own business, when I heard a noise. Hmmm.

Sounded like a baby cry... pause, wait.

No. Nothing.

Wait. There it is again... but it's really faint?

Hmmmm...

WAIT. There it is AGAIN and it sounds all strangled and struggling!

I flew into her room, expecting... I don't know, but expecting her to be awake with something in her mouth or too much saliva and snot in her throat so that she couldn't breathe or SOMETHING. She's sound asleep and peaceful. Ooookay. Whew.

Wait. The boys! I raced in there and again, nothing. Deep breathing. Deep breathing.

I held my heart and quietly crept downstairs (cuz they didn't wake with me stomping up the stairs a minute earlier, right?). So, WHAT were those noises? Weird.... As I enter the family room, I hear it again.

From Patrick's NOSE. He is snoring on the couch. You have no idea how badly I wanted to smack the crap out of him for scaring me so badly.

But I DIDN'T. You can all pat me on the back for that one.

Man.

I really wish we had some cheap wine in the house cuz I could use a drink after that scare.

4 comments:

Jill said...

LMAO...that was funny (scary I'm sure to you, but funny to read!) glad it was just the hubby snoring. :)
Jilly

Jamie said...

Does this mean you weren't scared that something could be wrong with your husband? :)

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

:) Jamie. I could SEE that he was snoring, though. So I'm good there...

Michelle said...

You gave me a scare just reading about it!

I would have smacked him anyway :) When Joe starts snoring at night I don't care about waking him up anymore, I used to feel bad about it, but no more! Because he falls right back to sleep anyway and usually doesn't even remember it! I give him a little push on his shoulder and tell him, "you're snoring again!" and he rolls over :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails