Friday, September 01, 2006

WHERE was my camera??

One of those days where you just can't believe what some people do...

I'm in the loop to drop off Justin this morning (yeah, we live 5 blocks from school, but I got 4 hours of sleep and no shower. You wanna make somethin of it?). Ahead of me, a woman who doesn't know the drill (remember "Mr. Mom" with the whole "South to drop off, North to pick up!" fiasco?) and the whole line is being totally held up.
I'm already pre-judging this woman as she's driving incorrectly, in a HUGE Ford 4x4 truck with double wheels in the back (we live in UBER suburbia. Why such a large truck?) and has at least 4 or 5 kid's heads poking up in the windows that are NOT buckled in (mega super ultra peeve of mine).

Well. She pulls up, opens her door (again, a no-no) to let her kids out and she's wearing a string bikini top with skin tight yoga pants. I kid you not. Now, she looked okay, but even if she was rockin hot, school drop off isn't the place to be flaunting your goods, you know? Especially first thing in the morning before I've had a full cup of coffee.

So. I've ranted. I'm off to reheat my coffee and clean my house cuz it's a mess.

OH! Before I go. The school open house was awesome last night. Justin's teacher is verrrrry laid back, funny and seems to be a good match for my high-maintenance kid. And he's cool enough to bring in his own poetry books from his childhood. So sweet and I was just cracking up. Cross your fingers that this year goes well!

2 comments:

andria said...

Gawd, I hate school drop off. Those people are crazy and have no idea what they are doing but shoot their fingers at me like I am the one not following directions. My current school drop off peeve is that we were told that after the first week we could no longer park and walk our kids in, yet a good forty percent of them still do and they just park all haphazard anywhere making it impossible for those of us dropping off to get through THEN I get yelled at for having the balls to slow down and wave at my kid as I circle around. Gee, I should be shot, but let those mamas in their budweiser tshirts and sweats sit with their kiddies until they are booted out after the pledge. There, felt good to gripe about that.

KB said...

I HATE moms like that!! Drives me nuts too... coffee or no coffee!

Related Posts with Thumbnails