Saturday, September 16, 2006

Stinky shrooms

Okay, ew. Ick.

I spent an hour today digging up hundreds of little white spores. Tiny shrooms. Nasty disgusting bubbly white things that oozed green slime(that smelled to high heaven, I kid you not) if they were punctured and still moist or shot tiny fungus spores into the air if they were dead (and STILL smelled and I'm SURE will give me some strange respiratory disease) and ready to repopulate my backyard. GROSS. And stinky.

And GROSS.

See what happens when it's super wet and rainy and then hot for several days and you don't take care of your lawn? Oh. And my front yard is covered in knee high thistle plants. Lovely. I am sure we are the treasure of the neighborhood.

Thank God Patrick is coming home tonight! I told him that after THIS week of going it alone, I deserve a new camcorder and a raise as a SAHM... Where IS that SAHM paycheck, anyway? He is spending 2 hours minimum outside tomorrow, cleaning this yard up.

Says I....

7 comments:

kelly jeanie said...

Ha! You should get your salary doubled. Spores...eew.

Michelle said...

Eeewwww to the shrooms! Yuck! Thank goodness he is coming home!

Did you get a chance to try the letterboxing with the kids yet? Just wondering if you did how it went.

beth said...

So glad he is back by now. You were alone for a week?! That's STINKY. If it were me I'd let the yard languish and make him take the kids so I could run away for a bit.

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Michelle - I was meaning to do it this weekend, but time got away from me! We are planning on doing it soon.

Jen said...

When we lived in Indiana we had some nasty things like that only (and I am NOT kidding) they looked like a dog's, um, well, there really is no other way to say this...penis. THOSE were G R O S S!!!!! Ugh, still gives me the creepies thinking about trying to get rid of those, they were vulgar!!

Overwhelmed! said...

I'm with Michelle, eewwww to the shrooms! Icky! I'm glad to hear that your husband is coming home soon.

If you're serious about getting a camcorder, I'd recommend Sony DCR-DVD405! We got one and we love it!

Edward said...

Repeated studies have shown that each pliggly unit increase in is associated with an increased risk of stroke to some extent.

Related Posts with Thumbnails