Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Tuesday... with a treasure too.

Summer vacation can do strange things to a mom.

The days are becoming one big mush of mornings and afternoons. Not really any different from each other. I am SO tired of having no "finish lines." No beginning and endings of the weeks... Nothing that HAS TO get accomplished by a deadline. No where we HAVE TO go everyday...

2 weeks till school starts.

I don't know how you moms that homeschool do it. Maybe it's just me and my kids' personalities? Maybe we aren't patient or understanding enough (no maybe about that one). But we are so ready to strangle each other right now!

I have to go through the closets and figure out what fits who and what we need for the fall. Evan usually just gets Justin's clothes taken right out of his side of the closet and put into the other. Poor kid. Most of his clothes are either a touch small or too big! I know that this will be an issue when he gets older, but hand-me-downs are more than just a "choice" over here. It's a way of life! Even Justin gets hand me downs from my girlfriend's son. In fact, I'm anxiously awaiting the bag o clothes that she has waiting for me! It's like Christmas for ME! Everything we get for free is one more thing we don't have to buy!! YAY!

Thank you all for your concerns re: the mole. As I wrote below, the one on my back is ok, and I will be getting another one off eventually. Big sigh of relief from me...


----
My Tuesday Treasure is my best friend. I'm in the blue, she's in the middle... And I apologize to my other classmate from my class reunion 2 years ago for posting her pic without asking!

Tara has been my best friend for over 15 years now. We've seen each other through some really really bad stuff... And, with her medical problems, we've almost lost her a few times. So I've been forced to realize how very important she is. And how hard it would be to say goodbye...

6 comments:

Overwhelmed! said...

Best friends are so important in life! The great thing about best friends is that you can usually pick up where you left off, even if it's been a while since you've been in touch!

Michelle said...

I'm glad to hear the one on your back was "ok" and will continue to pray that the other one is too!

I know what you mean about homeschooling moms! I don't know how they do it either; I just know myself and I wouldn't have the patience for that!

A best friend is a great treasure to have!

Beck said...

Best friends are a treasure! I'm glad to hear you're doing okay... I'm sort of having the opposite reaction to school starting soon - I'm just dreading it! But yes, my kids are driving me nuts.

Looney Mom™ said...

Great to hear the good news.

I tried homeschooling for 2 years; it just didn't work out. The kids actually look forward to going back to school - I think they get just as fed up with me as I do with them and the run-on days!

KB said...

I'm with ya on the countdown!! We've got just over a week here.... H is driving me NUTS asking when the first day of school is!

Lara said...

I homeschool and I don't know how I do it either some days. Or better yet, I don't know WHY I do it! Just kidding. The moments that aren't pure misery are pure joy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails