Sunday, August 27, 2006

Roses and ribbons

I have a pink tulle skirt with roses and ribbons on it. And tulle fairy wings with roses inside and out and a matching wreath of roses.

Not for me, of course. But my Corinne looks adorable in it! I have someone wearing PINK for Halloween this year!! I've been happily stitching away at this simple little costume, and I love the almost finished product. I just have to find a simple pants outfit that will go underneath it so she doesn't freeze her fairy butt off and it's done! I love having a girl in the house. Another boy would have been just fine, don't get me wrong. But man, I adore my princess. (And the feeling is mutual - so far!)

The boys are going to be Harry Potter and Draco Malfoy. They DO like the HP movies, but it's mainly cuz we have a robe from 2 years ago when Justin was Harry and Evan wants to be him now. SO, Justin decided he should be Draco so that they could cast spells on each other... How sweet!

I am sipping on a Bailey's and ice and relaxing after having spent 2 hours of sorting and then filing my mother's pictures from years and years of not putting them into picture albums. Yes, I am a good daughter. Mainly, I just can't stand it when pictures aren't in albums. And I was getting sick of hearing about how she needed to get started on that. Yeah, right. So, I took the initiative and have been sorting for a few nights. They have waaaaayyyy too many pictures of their dogs and horses and cats, for one. And I can NOT believe how much my kids have grown over the years! Sigh....

Nothing too thrilling to say, just wanted to let it be known that I'm still alive, just busy.

I'm off to watch my recorded season finale of The 4400. AWESOME SHOW. Anyone else an addict?

Hope you're all having a wonderful end of summer!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I can't wait to see the finished costume! I bet she'll look so cute in it!

We watched the 4400 when it first came on (like the first 6 shows or something) then it was in hiatus until whenver. So I didn't know when it started up again and we've missed so much now...don't know if I could catch back up! Bummer though because we really enjoyed the shows we did see!

Lara said...

My kids are begging me to start Halloween costumes and I haven't done it yet! Can't we just be the Bat Family again this year since we all have capes?

beth said...

Whoah...you're already getting ready for Halloween? I must be such a slacker. And I need to do something this year because I think Sam will be doing a Halloween parade. Better get on it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails