Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Bits of my day...

I watched Corinne RUN (not even 10 months old yet, for cryin out loud) from the living room to the kitchen and then fall (in slow motion, or so it seemed) flat on her little nose. She had a pacifier in her mouth, too, so it smacked her mouth.

Um, yeah. A shriek, a tear and she was off again. I am in sooo much trouble with this one.

---

We visited Justin's classroom today as he starts second grade tomorrow! WTF? That's literally impossible because there is no WAY I'm old enough to have a second grader!! I mean, I am still just a kid, too! Right? RIGHT?!?

---

Managed to CLEAN the master bathroom and even make the bed and do several loads of laundry after Patrick's little tizzy fit last night. He flipped out after Evan smeared toothpaste all over the already filthy bathroom sink. Yeah, well. I feel his pain. The house is trashed, but you know what? I DID manage to clean a lot today, but only because I let the boys play freakin video games for 3 hours while Corinne napped and I cleaned. So, really? Is a clean house worth that? I think not.

---

Evan totally loved getting some Daddy time out in the backyard tonight. We have GOT to make sure to spend some more alone time with him. He tends to get grouped: Either he's with Justin or with Corinne or with both, but rarely does he do anything alone. Preschool starts in 2 weeks, and I think that this will really be good for him. Now, for Me? Well, I may shed a few (or many) tears over it...

---

Damn. I have to sign off and I CAN NOT check another single blog or email or anything cuz I have to arise at 6 am to beat the baby's wake up call or I'll miss the shower window...

Adieu. Wish me luck with scheduling and PLEASE OH PLEASE LORD, PLEASE let Justin have a good year in school!!!

8 comments:

Overwhelmed! said...

Wow, your 10 month old is already running? That's amazing!

It's so hard to get the house clean, isn't it?

Thanks for your comment on my Older Parent (revealing my age) post!

I like your view that children are an equalizer! Thanks for sharing your perspective.

Corinne said...

Wow... running? Man, that's fast...Also? My brother's name is Justin.... that is TOO weird... :)

Looney Mom™ said...

I'd say poor baby, but probably more like it is "poor momma."

And I swear my house is like self-dirtying, because if you ask the kids "they" didn't do it. Man, it's tiring! I thought we were supposed to be in the "Jetsons" era already. I wish!

My kiddos are ALL in school now and I either have more peaceful quiet time to blogsurf OR clean the house... hmmmmm.

Michelle said...

You are in trouble if she's running already! LOL

Hope the first day of school went well for your 2nd grader!! Wow!

Overwhelmed! said...

Tracey, I had to laugh at your comment on my WFMW (alternate use for a pot rack) post. :)

Although I have more than enough cupboard space, I wish I had a lot more counter space! Does that make you feel any better? :)

Overwhelmed! said...

Yes, I'm leaving you yet another comment. :)

Thanks for your very wise comment on my How do you cope when a child goes down the wrong path in life? post!

I know you're right, as a parent you can't prepare for everything and it's best to try to live in the hear and now.

Thanks for sharing!

Jessica said...

Wow, you're definetly going to be in trouble if you're 10 month old is already running! It sounds like you had a busy day yesterday!Thanks for the comment and I'm looking forward to reading more!

Mike said...

I know what you mean.

I know I’m getting old, but my 3-year old makes sure I feel it, too. Especially:

• When someone asks my 3-year old how old he is, he flashes three fingers. When another asks him how old his daddy is, he sits down, removes his shoes and socks then flashes both his hands and feet.

• When my 3-year old and I play tag, he outruns me and says, “Bye, bye slowpoke!”

• When I ask my 3-year old if I could watch Backyardigans with him, he looks at me, thinks hard then says, “But you’re old people, Daddy.”

Oh, well.


Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails