Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Sniff, sniff.

My baby is 7 months old. Gulp. She's my last baby. I keep trying to memorize her... Last night, I had to go into her room and rock her back to sleep as she was a little congested and sad. I just rocked and rocked... I ran my hands over her arms and back, her chubby legs, her smooth skin. I nestled my nose in her little neck and breathed in her smell! Ah! The smell of a baby. If we could just bottle it up and save it! Talk about a stress reliever. "Having a bad day? Depressed? Can't sleep? Sniff our baby in a bottle! Your worries are over!" People would buy it, too. But only if it was their OWN baby's scent. My sisters' kids, though they smell nice, don't smell like MY baby.
I got myself very emotional last night. It's not so much that I want another child, though I wouldn't mind, but that I'm not ready to be done with this stage of my life... which isn't the reason to have another child, I know. Plus, getting Patrick on board for THAT adventure would be quite the feat!!! I'm laughing at the thought of his face as I'd mention another baby!!! :)
Each milestone for each child makes me nostalgic. There's nothing to be done about it. I just need to reflect and wish for a while, then I can move on.
-------
I went shopping for the ice cream and toppings last night. You don't even want to know what I wrote THAT check out for! What was I thinking, saying an ice cream party would be easy and cheap? I forgot how expensive toppings can be! Oh well... What's done is done.
-------
So, today we go to the eye dr for a check up and new glasses for Justin and then my family's coming over tonight for the recital and ice cream party! Hope it stays as beautiful as it's been lately. Hope you all have lovely days as well...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

*sniff* Me too.

andria said...

I totally relate. I want another child just so I don't have to leave the baby years behind. I am not ready for a house without a little one, yet I don't think we are having anymore. The thought of my oldest going to kindergarten brings me to tears daily. How in the world will I ever manage college?

Michelle said...

The do grow up so fast! Sometimes I couldn't wait for Kayla to be "this" age or "that" age, to be crawling, running, etc. Then other times I think no it's going to fast...be a baby again so I can just snuggle you without you wanting to squirm away to go play!

Overwhelmed! said...

They grow so fast, don't they?! Too fast, I'd say!

Related Posts with Thumbnails