Monday, May 08, 2006

Ramblings...

Today was a good day. Got to go to a playgroup with a mom's group. Had some slightly dull but none-the-less cheerful conversation with other moms that are grasping for friends (as am I). Found a bunch of ants crawling on the floor by the fish tank. Ewwww.... Sprayed everywhere I could find a crawler and am now paranoid that the baby will suddenly learn how to crawl overnight and will get to the sprayed areas before I can wash the spray off, thereby ingesting the chemicals and officially making me a "bad mom." Had a lovely walk home from school with J and E while carrying the baby and listening to J and a neighbor boy talk. The conversation went something like this:

Do you like the Splash Mountain ride at Disney World too? DUDE! So sweet!

Yeah, YEAH! Me too! And did you know that the ride at Six Flags is, like, 183 or 200 or 1000 feet tall?

DUDE! SWEET!!

Yeah, sweet!

Snort. They crack me up. Later, Pat actually got home EARLY (shocker!!) and I was able to sit in on J's piano lesson. He's soooo good at it. It's amazing to me that he's been playing for less than a year... Got home and found Pat and the neighbor kids, along with E, in a riveting game of dodgeball (thankfully, no one got seriously hurt as the balls were FLYING FAST!). As I walked into the house, I hear the baby SCREAMING upstairs! I rushed up and she was just hysterical, sobbing and shaking. I was FURIOUS. He didn't have the friggin monitor turned up and was so involved in dodgeball that she was crying for only God knows how long!! Poor princess! At least dh was truly apologetic and upset... and then went on to hurl the balls at the kids again.

So, tomorrow will find me vacuuming little ant corpses, doing laundry, and drinking reheated coffee. Hopefully, I will fit in a few games of Uno, color a few Star Wars guys, read a few books, and snuggle with my family.

Strange but true fact to end this on: my shirt smells slightly like baby spit up, and it is actually something I LIKE.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Hi Tracey! Thanks for commenting. Julia's dress is actually from Target, and it's probably still there since I bought it less than a month ago. :) Nice to "meet" you... welcome to the land of blogging! LOL.

Anonymous said...

Hi,just wanted to share with you, there is a great FREE resource out there for pregnant and breast feeding moms! If you come into contact with a chemical or drug and you are worried about the effect it could have on your baby you can call the Texas Teratogen Pregnancy Risk line and they will research the information and talk to you about the risks. The toll free number is 1-800-733-4727 and you can learn more at www.TTIS.unt.edu(You don't have to be from Texas to use the line! =)). The service is state funded, so we are trying to get the word out to help more people since we aren't allocated funds for advertising. Thank you! =)

Related Posts with Thumbnails