Sunday, May 11, 2014

Sigh

Do you want to know how many half-finished drafts I have in my blog files?

A lot. A lot of drafts.

They all sound so brilliant and perfect when I'm taking a shower or driving on the highway. I manage to fling a few sentences down but forget how they were supposed to tie together and the cohesion lacks and then...I lose interest. Well, not completely. I mean, I still think the thoughts and believe that there are some real "gems" in those drafts but all I truly want to usually do is take a nap. Or, when I actually DO get into the groove of writing, my family isn't in a place of agreement of "leaving Mom alone for a few more minutes to finish said thoughts" and so, pffft.

Bleh. I am blessed/cursed to be surrounded by many brilliant writer friends who seem to have an ability to produce consistently lovely work at a pace that I no longer own. I hold them up and praise them and love them. Secretly, I'm jealous. I'm jealous of their dedication and consistency and follow-through. Sadly enough, I am even envious of my former self. I see blog posts from years ago and think "Holy crap. That was pretty good. 'Great' even, if I can be so bold as to say so in my own mind." And then I wonder how horrible it would be to plagiarize myself. Would people start to notice if I took old stories and rewrote them a little bit? Change the date and name of kid doing said funny activity and voila! A new blog post!

There's also the issue of my comment situation. It's gone on for a long, long time and I really need to take control. I cannot "see" the comments. I cannot change the comment process. If you don't have a Google acct, you can't comment on my posts. I know people aren't all comment-happy like they used to be "back in the day" but still, it would be nice to fix this issue.

And my header.

And my layout.

And those SEO things or links at the bottoms of posts? I want them. Every time I try to do them, I can't figure out what is wrong and it's just such a hassle and people tell me what to do and I TRY TO DO IT, but I think there is something fundamentally wrong with my blog, because those options aren't where people say they should be and WHAT THE HELL?!?

Basically, everything about my blog needs to just... be fixed. FIX THYSELF. I don't want to be involved in the technology of it. I just want it done.



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails