Monday, December 02, 2013

When Dreams Come True

This time of the year is tricky. You know that you have so much to be thankful for, especially when you look around the world and realize how rare it is to have your basic needs met, but you live in an area where many who surround you get to live your ultimate dreams AND wishes...and it's difficult to find your center.

First World problems, eh?

I was driving home from a co-op that my children are in today. I realized that 16 years ago, in a job interview, I was asked if the position would be challenging enough for me, since it was a small company without much room for growth. I responded that I truly didn't WANT a career; that my dream was to be an at-home mom. I still grew within that company, and really could have had a "Career" in accounting and such, but it wasn't my dream. I dreamt of being an at-home mom to 3 kids, a couple of pets, and wife to Patrick. I dreamt of having a comfortable home and enough money to take care of our needs and some wants.

Basically, I was dreaming of the life I am currently living.

I still have grander wishes and plans that I hope to fulfill, but it's kind of humbling to realize I am currently in the midst of my Dream Come True.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails