Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Just what I needed...

I really needed today's event. It's been a crazy couple of days with lots going on and it was nice to be at the Whirlpool media event without having to be in charge of anything or anyone. All I had to do was enjoy myself and pay attention in between the delicious food they served us. (I am seriously craving that chicken dish. I have GOT to email their chef for the recipe. Divine!)

The Whirlpool Event Center is on LaSalle Street in the beautiful red brick building on the Chicago River that has the large clock tower on top. If you've ever seen pictures of Chicago, you know what I'm talking about.

Where are the pictures of this event, you ask? Well, it's hard to take photos when your children steal your camera's batteries for their Xbox remotes. AGAIN. (The corded remotes they got for Christmas are no longer quite as reliable. This is where it's important to keep the products you review instead of returning them. My kids recommend NOT buying the cheaper remotes and buying the quality ones, so that they last longer. FYI).

I digress.

It was at this event that I found what may just be the solution to our "Where to put the teenager" problem! (Yes. It's a problem. Trust me, he needs his own space. We ALL need for him to have his own space!)

Gladiator Garage is affiliated with Whirlpool and has the coolest modular system that I think is PERFECT for the teenager basement hang-out/future bedroom!! Spots for movable shelves! Sliding drawers and practically indestructible bamboo desktops!

I think I have about a zillion ideas to figure out on this one...

1 comment:

Mark said...

You mentioned that "teenager" needs his own space. So does our soon to be Teen. That's why we are moving in a few months. Although he doesn't want his own room, he Needs his own room.
Enjoy Chicago!
m.

Related Posts with Thumbnails