Monday, April 16, 2012

Insert Witty Insomnia Title Here

Last night, I had my first anxiety-ridden dream regarding Listen To Your Mother. I'd say that waiting 6 months until it was 3 weeks out is an awesome ratio for this insomniac.

Funnily enough, Melisa called me at 8 this morning and said she was "jealous" that I was still in bed. HA. I hate that I am up most nights, tossing and turning, only to finally fall back asleep around 4 in the morning. And I made a joke of the trials of the dream, but it's like I'm REALLY THERE when I dream, so I often can't turn my brain off with a simple "Oh, it's just a dream" statement.

Basically, everything that could go wrong, DID go wrong: We had missing paperwork, scripts written in illegible words, a homeless man sleeping in the foyer (who wouldn't leave!), and a bathroom system that was like a labyrinth to find your way to a broken toilet. Obviously, in my dream, I had to go to the bathroom every 5 minutes, so I was constantly racing, getting lost, being yelled for, and just having an all-around horrible experience.

Melisa said that this means that everything will be great on performance day. Well, if I can help make the show into a smoothly-running machine by enduring life-like horror dreams, then there's the silver lining.
Post a Comment
Related Posts with Thumbnails