Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Right Here, Right Now

The constant search for quiet. It's funny, isn't it? The most intangible asset is often the most valuable. It's become less complicated to orchestrate a silent moment. Now that the children are older and it is perfectly acceptable to shove them out the door into the muddy back yard in hopes of "having peace," I am capable of being still in silence more often. This isn't to say that the quiet lasts for any respectable amount of time. More often than not, and only moments later, they have tromped through the kitchen with wintry mud; bits of desperate grass randomly deposited from front door to back.

It's 8:02. It's quiet-ish. The incessant rat-a-tat-tat from the Xbox provides a less-than-lovely soundtrack for my morning. Corinne is singing Taylor Swift in the computer room. Justin is barely stirring and I am mentally calculating exactly how long I have to wait before entering his teenaged bear cave to wake him up for our homeschool co-op. shudders I think I'll heat up my coffee, instead.

Last night, the yard was covered in just enough snow to disguise the doggy doo and shredded lawn. Why now? Why snow, NOW, finally, when we are fed up with the lack of it and desire nothing more than to move on with our lives into Spring? Screw you, Climate Change.

I just ate the last of the Tagalongs that my niece delivered this weekend. Oops. Thankfully, the family "helped" me eat them (and by 'helped' I mean 'ate 1 each') so I don't feel TOO guilty. Actually, I don't feel guilty at all. I NEEDED THAT CHOCOLATE FIX.

I do believe that today will be a braided hair day, i.e. a day in which I try to stretch how long I can go between washes of my hair. Bet you're all happy you live on the other side of the world, now, eh? Eh?

I am totally tempted to hit delete on this post, but it is times like today that I have to remind myself that this blog is my Journal, and not some literary site. So, it's been a string of unexciting, trivial words? So be it.

7 comments:

Mark said...

They may be unexciting trivial words, but I followed every one. So, your choice is Tagalongs, eh? As the official Cookie Mom of my Daughter's troop, I proclaim that Savannah Smiles is the best cookie of the year!
I'm so ready for Spring too. But it's been a piece of cake Winter so far. Bring on Global Warming!
m.

Meredith said...

Good reminder that we blog for ourselves, not everyone else--though when repetitiously trolling for hits, doesn't always feel like that :) And I'm jealous--my hair is too long to braid--am going to have to investigate some of that dry shampoo stuff...blog on!

Alexandra said...

Heehee.

Yes, your journal..but who's to say not a literary site.

Depends on who you ask, my fair braided lady.

Melisa Wells said...

I liked this freeflow post!

Wish I could braid MY hair...

Daddy Dazed said...

I really enjoy your ramblings! And there is nothing wrong with a bit of free flowing every now and then.

kailani said...

I have my Girl Scout cookies hidden in the back of the pantry for when the kids are at school. At least you "shared". :-)

Becca said...

Braid hair is easy to do especially if you have long hair like me..

I enjoy reading your not some literary site journal.

Related Posts with Thumbnails