Thursday, February 16, 2012

Falling. Yes, I am falling...

Annnnddd... here it is. The mid-winter mood drop.

No sunshine. No vitamin D. No snow. Just mud and clouds and a messy house with too much laundry and not enough time or energy to get it done.

Thankfully, I know from experience that dropping like this will result in a bounce. I will feel low and overwhelmed for a bit. Wah wah, I'm so sad, woe is me for a few mornings. Hormones will finally realign themselves, sleep will return to my routine (anyone up for 3 am chats? Anyone?), and I will be motivated, once more.

In the meantime, I'll be burrowing under the covers each morning, struggling to charge my battery before lunch time.

Meh.

6 comments:

Melisa Wells said...

At least spring time is back for a couple of days: go soak up some sun, sister!

Helena said...

Hey Tracey, I've been gone from blogland for ages, but wanted you to know I've been thinking of you and sending love! And right now, I'm sending you a wheelbarrow load of my Oz sunshine. I've got a fair bit to spare before the (almost daily!) thunderstorms come in.
I'll send you the patch of sunlight hitting my front yard right now, plus the big box of blue sky I can see from the kitchen window. And now, I'm sending you a lick from the cat as she washes a paw, and the smell of my gluten free bread baking.
But wait, that's not all! Finally I'm sending you the thrill of jumping into the ocean pool on a hot summer's day, the pool that's fed by the sea, where you get to swim under a blue sky with only the clouds and the sound of waves for company. I'm sending you the moment just before you hit the water, when you know you've leapt… and are fully, utterly, beautifully alive.

I hope that helps, my dear friend :)

Mark said...

Thinking of you. And I may even be thinking of you at 3a.m. too. I'm a horrible sleeper.
Take care Friend.
m.

Jade said...

sorry for your slump..i just stumbled upon your blog and enjoy ur writing so much!keep your head up and get out!

Eddie said...

I hear you. The weather is suddenly looking a little more like spring, so I'm getting out for walks with kids and dogs and hoping it helps.

Jenn said...

How is it that it's been a long winter and yet it hasn't all at the same time?
I hope you feel better soon, in the meantime I think burrowing under the blankets is a fantastic idea, if the animals can do it why can't we?

Related Posts with Thumbnails