Wednesday, January 04, 2012

And they call it, puppy looooovvveee....

My apologies, in advance. If you are not a dog person, then you may want to click "unsubscribe" on your feed readers right now, for I fear that this blog will either suffer from :
a: neglect or
b: inundation of puppy pictures.
Which do you prefer? To never hear from me again because my children are no where near as exciting as a new little ball of fur will be or to have to indulge my gushing and fawning over a 4-legged canine? For I know that I have become what I always feared would happen once my children were past the baby stages; once we finally brought a dog into our home to compensate for the lack of neediness that an infant or toddler requires...
I have become a Dog Freak.
You know the type: the people who talk about their dogs as though they are actual members of the family. The people who spend 15 minutes reading the ingredients on the backs of all of the puppy food bags, just to be sure that their own precious ball of fur is getting the best of the best. The people who honestly believe that other people are just as interested in their DOG as they would be in a HUMAN CHILD.
I'm SORRY! I have gone over to the dark side, and she's not even in our home yet!
Alas. I cannot resist. I MUST gush! If I can no longer procreate to find blog fodder, then I will gush about this puppy which is occupying my mind just as much as my impending pregnancies did. I AM OBSESSING. It is not pretty.
But my floppy, furry, goofy little puppy is pretty damn cute. And when she comes home on Saturday, you're all going to fall in love with her, too.
Just you wait and see.
(Dude. I just yelled out "Stop running through the house with a pickle on a fork!" I guess my kids aren't so dull after all?)

7 comments:

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Blogger is screwy on my laptop. My spacing, the pictures, EVERYTHING is all cranked up. Grrrrr....

Cheryl said...

I won't mind hearing about your new puppy. We have a West Highland Terrier (Westie) whom we treat as a third child...he definitely acts like a child!! LOL We got him when he was just 4 months old....he'll be 9 years old on the last day of this month! We love him dearly! :o)

Fairly Odd Mother said...

Um, we've had a dog for almost three months, and I talk about her more than the kids to anyone who stands still to listen. I. Totally. Get. It. Dogs are like crack. I am most definitely insane about our dog, so please, talk away.

Paula said...

Where's the pics?! :)

Mark said...

You are aware that dogs live a long time, right?
As you may know, I am not a "dog person". Yes, I have them and at one time, I actually loved one of them. Now I just put up with them. But if you have to have one, I guess it's best after the kids are not babies like yours.
Good luck! And yes, I'm sure she's a cutie. Puppies are the cutest! m.

Tonya said...

my laptop does that too. can't wait to see doggy pics

Kat said...

I need pictures!!!! I can't wait to see your new little family member! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails