Saturday, December 17, 2011

I think I prefer braids and ponytails, thanks.

"Hmmmm... de dmmmmm.... de hmmmm...." Corinne hummed a very random song while she brushed and braided my hair. She could have been reciting sports' plays for all I care, because as long as someone's messing with my hair? I'm happy.

Eventually, I noticed she had stopped braiding and arranging ponytails on my head and had started making odd parts in my locks. She'd also stopped humming and had began to talk to herself;

"A little line on the left. And now a loooong line on the right. If I just pull this piece over, I can make the line cross her whole head...."

Wait; what?

"I did it, Mommy! I made your gray hair into a stripe from the left side of your head straight across to the right side of your head!!"

I guess it's true that no beauty treatments are ever truly free.

8 comments:

Cheryl said...

LOL...Kid's can say/do the darndest things! My daughter likes to "play" with my hair too and she never hesitates to point out the gray ones! LOL

AiringMyLaundry said...

Haha!

I have gray hairs too. Natalie calls them white.

Unknown said...

Which is why I have always said it's a miracle that kids make it through childhood.

anymommy said...

Oh yes. I know this well. My kids like it when my hair gets "sparkly."

Elisa @ Crazy, Amazing Life said...

OMG! Here's how to change a relaxing experience into a stressful one ;-)

kailani said...

How did she do that? LOL! If my kids did that to me I'd probably look like a zebra. :-)

Anonymous said...

Ah kids...she's just too funny :)

Vicky said...

You should have taken a picture with the stripe and posted that!

Related Posts with Thumbnails