Monday, November 07, 2011

Turn down the Bass!

I startled awake. Was there a man in my house? Holy Shit. I think there's a man in my house!

I check the clock. 8:04. Patrick is at work. So who the hell is in my house? I listen again.

There's Evan's high pitched boy voice, talking to the video game he's conquering.

There's Justin's bigger boy voice, slightly lower but still young, smack-talking to Evan about the beating he's taking.

Whack! Damn! There's Corinne, flip flopping in her sleep and causing physical injuries to all within her vicinity right beside me.

Rubbing my now-swollen eye, I pulled the covers to my chin (to protect myself from the potential intruder) and tilted my ear to the hallway.

There it is again! A definite, distinct Man Voice! There is a freaking MAN IN MY HOUSE! And he's talking about attacking... Soviet spies? What?

Holy shit, people. My 12 year old's voice has officially changed.

7 comments:

Mark said...

I'm six months away from having a 12 year old. Don't even tell me that that's when it starts! I'm still waiting for mine to change.
m.

Pink Lady said...

Your stories are so funny! Keep'em coming!

Kate Coveny Hood said...

Ha! I remember when my brother's voice changed. Though we never thought there was a strange man in the house!

Unknown said...

My sons and I all sound the same on the phone - it makes Grannie crazy.

So we call her a lot.

Unknown said...

Glad to know I'm not the only one going through this. LOL

Zaje said...

I have at least 7 years, but I'm so afraid of the changes to come with my boys! I have 3 sisters, so we never dealt with that side of puberty at home.

Scary stuff!!! :-)

Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

I so had to comment on this! I absolutely hated my eldest son's voice for the entire first year it changed. I wanted him to never speak! It bothered me tremendously! Also, my eldest is over six feet tall, my husband and I are between 5ft7 and 5ft8. It has taken 2 years for me to get used to this tall person running around my house, I would constantly think there was a strange man in my house when I would just catch a glipse of him out of the corner of my eye. It is so weird having teenagers! Awesome, but weird.

Related Posts with Thumbnails