Sunday, July 24, 2011

3 Minutes of Fame...

I welcome everyone who is here from my 3 minutes of "fame" on NBC 5 Today. I hope I didn't stumble or stare blankly into the camera... I am a bit freaked out at all of the possible ways I can flub this up...

Please take the time to read through the company information and my own views on the products. If you have any questions on the products or where to purchase them, please ask and I will do my best to help you or direct you to someone who can!

Also, please let me know that I didn't look too weird or spastic on tv. Lie if you have to, because I am seriously nervous!

All information in italics is straight from the companies' releases. My own take on the products is in regular font. There is so much information, that I didn't want to leave anything out!


The Safety Turtle by Safety Turtle.com

The Safety Turtle Wireless Wristband Alarm is an ingenious combination of wireless signal-outfitted wristband and a wireless base station receiver that sounds an alarm the instant a child falls or ventures into water. The base station can be positioned anywhere between pool/waterside and 200 feet away (depending on model desired). $235

If you are a family that is around water quite often, I can see how the Safety Turtle would be truly beneficial. Water (and fire) are 2 of my biggest concerns with little kids. Did you know that it only takes an inch or two of standing water for a baby to drown? The thought is horrific. If you have a pool or frequent the beach often, this may be a product that you find is worth the cost. Corinne and I tested it out in our sink and the MOMENT the sensor got wet, the alarm went off! The uses for the Safety Turtle are quite extensive. Have a pet? Work at a public pool? Like to go boating? Check out their website for many different reasons that the Safety Turtle might apply for you and your family.

The Sport-Brella XL by Sport-Brella

The Sport-Brella XL gives the whole family instant protection from the sun, rain, and wind with its domed shape, side flaps and 125 SPF. Its umbrella action open mechanism allows it to be set up in just three seconds and fits the family, fully 9 ft. wide. Includes top wind vents, side zippered windows for efficient airflow and additional visibility, internal pockets for gear and valuables, convenient carry bag and tethers/ground stakes for use when necessary for additional stability. $69.99

I am SO STOKED about the Sport-Brella XL!! We love camping, fishing, and going to the beach, but all of those activities can truly stink when it is 95 degrees and sunny. Just last year, my middle son almost had heat stroke at Lake Michigan's beach and he is WAY too big for me to carry across the dunes! I'm thrilled to bring the Sport-Brella XL to the Dunes with us this August and to continue to use it for any outdoor events that occur in the elements. If you purchase this, just be sure to take the directions out of the pouch with the stakes. Mine was a little stiff to manipulate, at first but is a breeze to set up now! In fact, we used it this weekend for a bit of shade during our lunch in Six Flags' parking lot. What a help!


The ThermaCell Outdoor Lantern by ThermaCell

The ThermaCELL Outdoor Insect-Repellent Lantern is the best option for keeping mosquitoes and other insects in any outdoor setting. The Patio Lantern is both a powerful insect repellent device and a functional and portable, long-lasting outdoor LED lantern, with both functions being usable separately or together. Providing a 15x15 ft mosquito-free zone, it is 98% effective (tested and used by the Department of Defense and the United States Army), making it the most effective insect repellent device on the market. It is also non-toxic, safe and non-intrusive, being DEET-free, silent, portable and odor free. Weighs only 13 ounces. $31.99


I wish we'd had this lantern 2 weeks ago. The mosquitoes were terrible with all of the rain! I know it will only get worse, and when we're within the woods at a campsite, it can be something FIERCE, even with bug spray and long clothing on. It's small enough to put on our table without overwhelming our personal space, which, when you're camping, is a BIG DEAL. The Thermacell Lantern is just what our family needed; not only for campsites, but also our backyard!

Peekaru Ozone by TogetherBe Baby

Peekaru Ozone lets parents take their baby out in the sunshine without worrying about sun damage or having to apply chemical sunscreens. The Peekaru Ozone is a uniquely breathable and lightweight baby carrier sun cover that attaches securely over any soft baby carrier, keeping baby shaded and cool. Can also be attached to any standard car seat or stroller. The super soft, moisture-wicking fabric blocks 95% of the sun's UVA and UVB rays while keeping baby cool and comfortable. Fits babies from birth through two years with an adjustable bottom that easily and securely cinches up for use with small babies, and lets out to accommodate babies' legs as they grow. $44.95

I cannot wait to see my little nephew using this product! It's so incredibly hot and his skin is so incredibly fair that his parents need to be super careful with him. Knowing that they can take him out without either burning his skin or suffocating him from attempting to protect him from the UV rays is comforting to this Auntie.Chicken in the Car and the Car Won't Go

I am so happy to review this new book (only released 6 weeks ago and not even in stores yet!) written by my blogger friend, Melisa Wells. With about 200 activities for tweens, teens, children and adults, this book's range spans across the entire Chicagoland area, city and suburbs. It includes detailed information regarding pricing, parking, and appropriateness for age ranges. It also provides many phone, address, and website addresses for a fully cooperative book. (I just love it when everything I need is right in front of me, without having to search for the details!)

You can purchase it on Amazon or buy a signed copy from the website, chickeninthecar.com.


I hope that these reviews were helpful to many of you! I also hope that you stick around and check out my little corner of the blog-o-sphere. Thanks for reading and have a fabulous day!


Disclaimer: I was provided with these products for free with the understanding that I would honestly review them on NBC 5 and also on my blog. All opinions are my own and no monetary compensation was exchanged.

2 comments:

She'sWrite said...

Hola! Glad we got to connect yesterday. You've got such a fun blog and I gotta say I love the behemoth of an umbrella. We're novice campers, but enjoy it and I can see where it'd be nice to BYOS. (Bring Your Own Shade.)

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

:) It was nice meeting you, too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails