Sunday, April 24, 2011

A list for today

Things I'm grateful for today:

sleeping through the night
chocolate and jelly beans for breakfast
the dirt that is encrusted between Corinne's toes
screams of happiness OUTside in the Easter sunshine
finishing a good book
a lengthy, bubbly, steamy bath
Evan's 9 year old body curled up on my lap
watching a completely frivolous "girl show" on TLC
driving with the windows down
having 2 out of 3 kids get ready for the day without a fuss
a fresh bottle of hair dye to cover my grays
having hope for positive discoveries
and little girls who take shoes for walks outside...I sure do hope that you all have lists like mine.

Happy Easter and Be Happy...

10 comments:

*~(boom)~* said...

Snuggles on the couch.

Lisped words.

Planting geraniums with a toddler.

Scrambled eggs with cheese and ketchup.

Cats that smell like sunshine and fresh air.

Toddler kisses and giggles.

Happy Easter to you and yours. :)

Unknown said...

Friends.

Helena said...

I love the grateful days, when the day is shining with the Positive, and good things are happening all around. I love the shoes picture! Excellent list! :)

Unknown said...

Lamb Cake
Reese's Eggs
Peeps

Sheila@Chinaberry said...

Being able to take some time out with some fun in the sun with my teen boys who still are ok with hanging with their mom and dad.

Loving being outside, in our wondrous garden, even if I am cleaning out a dirty gutter :-)

Having a low-key Easter which involved a nice visit from the Easter Bunny (even mom and dad got a basket of treats) and a simple dinner of grilled chicken and red potatoes

Happy Easter to all.

Anonymous said...

Rain during the days when the kids are in school so they can play outside the rest of the time

tz said...

sigh, there's nothing like finishing a good book.

Unknown said...

I loved this post! It made me see that the endless lists of things to do each day, each week and each month are meaningless if we don't stop to list the things we are most greatful for. Happy Easter to you and yours too.

Debbie said...

I'm finding that the hair dye keeps moving higher on my list:)

CJ said...

You forgot awesome blogging buddies!

Related Posts with Thumbnails