Tuesday, February 09, 2010

You asked for it; You got it. *

Ahem.

My apologies to the state of Illinois. I do believe that I am responsible for the snow that is falling and falling and will continue to fall for the rest of the day. I do believe that my little whine to Cara of "Wah wah we only have frozen mud wah wah frozen mud isn't anymore fun than FROZEN MUD wah wah no fair that YOU get all of the snow!". You get the idea. You've all heard me whine often enough that I don't need to elaborate, yes? Yes.

Sadly, for my derriere, I stayed up late last night frosting 50** heart shaped sugar cookies. (With sprinkles). So, when I got a call saying that the Valentine's party for our homeschool club was canceled due to a few flakes (what's 12-18 inches and blowing wind?!? Come on! Buck up!) I inwardly groaned. The thought of all of those pink bits of heaven just taunting me is more than I can handle. Of course, the problem was partly solved when Evan said "We're hungry! Where's breakfast? Can we have a cookie?"

Yes. Yes you can.



* Who can name that line?!? From what funny movie did we hear that line about 45 times in a row?

** To be honest, SOME of those cookies are for our Cub Scout den meeting tonight. Of course, I have a feeling that it will either a: be canceled due to the snow or b: consist of only my kids and another 1 because of the snow so it will end up that my family WILL eat the majority of these damn cookies. I am DEFINITELY making up a plate for the neighbors. Because my own butt shouldn't be the only one to suffer in these cold, cold days of February.

DUDES. I almost forgot. I have got TONS of giveaways on my review site. Go check it out if you like to do any of the following:

~ eat
~ clothe your children
~ wipe up things that spill

20 comments:

Gucci Mama said...

I would be willing to be a sacrificial lamb here, and take some of the cookies off your hands. It's just the kind of girl I am. Always looking out for others.

Sarah RDH said...

My sons valentines party is Friday; I was going to check the sign-up sheet today for what needs brought. I took the day's cancellations for snow as a sign from the universe that it is okay for me to take 1 holiday party off from making homeade cookies to impress people or dropping $50 filling amazing treat bags to impress people.

Menopausal New Mom said...

Don't know the movie but I sure would love one of those cookie, or maybe two! Would be perfect with my coffee right now!

Unknown said...

Cookies? You got cookies? You've never seen my Pillsbury Doughboy "Got Cookies?" tee shirt, have you?

Pregnantly Plump said...

If we get a flurry they cancel schools here -- seriously. Sorry the party was cancelled, but the cookies sure do sound tasty. Our big party is tomorrow. I'm hoping it's not cancelled, because Little Elvis and I cannot be trusted in a house filled with sweets for more than two days.

ThingsToDoWithKids said...

Luckily I live in Southern California, where we just don't see much snow. I understand your problem though with getting rid of those cookies. I say, curl up witha snuggie, coffee/tea, a good book and a plate of those cookies. You've earned it!

kailani said...

Could send a dozen my way? It would save me a lot of time for Kiana's V-Day school party on Friday. :-)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I can blame the snow on you. My husband said it was my fault because I kept laughing at the East Coast snow storm. I don't know why, but every time I saw the pictures of the East Coast under snow this past weekend I started laughing.

Cynthia said...

Dang girl...this snow is killing me:O Turn it off!

apathy lounge said...

Our area of Texas has been promised 3-6 inches of snow tomorrow. I'm torn between wishing for it and plowing through with no school cancellations until Spring Break. Otherwise...we'll lose our Good Friday holiday. I'm ready for Spring anyway.

mep said...

No. More. Snow. Please.

Maybe if I fifty iced cookies around I wouldn't mind so much.

Tonya said...

I wouldn't mind the snow if it came with no school but they didn't cancel it so not happy with the snow!

Anonymous said...

I'm with Mep, I need cookies to handle the snow coming my way today... Or rather, more cookies, since my husband randomly decided to bake for the first time ever on Monday (those are gone by now, obviously).

Also, Forget Paris.

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

THANK YOU Quick Study! You get 1 thousand points!!

Daisygirl said...

I can't believe all the crazy weather you all are getting over there!!!
Thanks for talking about ♥ day I've got stuff to get for my daughters party.

Hayley said...

I am new to the blogging world! I enjoy your posts! Great blog!

AiringMyLaundry said...

Ha, well I definately eat that's for sure.

Mmm cookies.

Stacia said...

I set my Thin Mints on fire yesterday (yes, I really did), so I could definitely use some new cookies. I'll take the sprinkliest ones. =>

sheila said...

lol, I think cookies or cupcakes for breakfast are a wonderful treat!

CaraBee said...

Sorry, I'm catching up. Soo behind. You'd think with all this snow, my house would be clean and every one of my projects would be done. Wrong.

I'd say 12-18 inches of snow is a pretty big deal. Any other time I would have been all HOLY COW, A FOOT OF SNOW! Except, you know, we got like four feet. So there.

Can I have some cookies?

Forget Paris!

Related Posts with Thumbnails