Sunday, February 14, 2010

On Edge

Well. Lots to say about this weekend. The monster truck rally. The movie. The quality time together. But I am still reeling from the near miss we had with Corinne and the sharp tube she decided to hold in her mouth while jumping off of a chair... The scream and the panic before we decided that a trip to the ER wasn't necessary. The cut in her mouth isn't pretty, but doesn't seem terribly serious. She is on a water, jell-o and popsicle diet until I think it has healed. (Or until I think it hasn't healed and warrants a trip to the doctor, after all...)

The fact that this accident was so close to being "something serious" (as in, half an inch more) is making me extremely on edge. This in addition to the news that an old friend's 3 year old was diagnosed with leukemia this weekend has me feeling a little less than Valentiney today. Grateful for what I have, yes. But still... on edge...

15 comments:

Mom24 said...

Glad Corinne's okay. The words three year old and leukemia do not belong in the same sentence. I'm so, so sorry. I hope that child is healed and I wish the family strength.

Tonya said...

Yeah I think I would be on edge too. So glad she is ok. We should get together sometime soon!

Unknown said...

The only good thing in all of that is that childhood leukemia's are highly curable these days.

And I am SO glad your precious little girl is okay - things like that can be REALLY scary.

Gucci Mama said...

I'm so happy she's OK. That kind of thing is so. scary.

What sad, horrible news about that precious little baby having leukemia. I hope and pray the family has the best possible outcome.

Allison said...

Poor little bugger - I hope she heals quickly...So glad it wasn't worse.

CaraBee said...

Oh no! How scary! That is the kind of little nightmare I see all the time. Glad she's okay!

Stacia said...

Man, those thing happen so fast. And, like you, I can't help but think about the "what ifs." Hope she heals fast and enjoys those popsicles and extra Mommy hugs.

WarsawMommy said...

Oh, kids... things happen to them and with them so fast, don't they?

Glad the little one is OK. Is she enjoying all the popsicles??

CJ said...

I am so sorry to hear about your friend's child. This is something I fear every time Em gets blood work done. I can't imagine the fear.

beth - total mom haircut said...

Oh my goodness! Well, I'm glad Corinne is ok. That's terrifying. As is the story of the other child. It's one of those things I just can't really imagine at all.

AiringMyLaundry said...

I am so glad she's okay. I can understand feeling on edge.

Cynthia said...

Oh no! I hope she is doing OK.

Stacia said...

I've missed your blogging voice these last few says. Is Corinne doing all right??

Joy said...

I'm glad that your little girl is OK, but, oh, those moments of "almost" are sometimes difficult to get past. And I hope, with all my heart, that your friend's little one comes through OK...

Jeni said...

Yikes, sorry I missed this post a few days ago. Sounds like a scary moment. Hope she (and you) are feeling better.

Related Posts with Thumbnails