Thursday, January 21, 2010

Sugar and Spice and All that Jazz


Can I just say that I love having a little girl?

I can, can't I? It IS my blog, dammit.

I LOVE having a little girl!

Wanna know what we did today? Want to know what Corinne set up, all by herself? Complete with signs, accessories, chairs, and crowns for "good behavior", she set up a "Makeover spot." Since she's never been to a salon before, I have absolutely no idea where she figured out that there should be bottles of nail polish, tubes of lipstick and hair bows galore for a salon to really soar. She even went one further and added "fancy stuff" like pink towels, princess dresses and beaded necklaces to dangle from the rafters of her princess hut. Check it out...

Concentrating so hard. It's all over my cuticles but she's only 4, you know.

I let her have carte blanche. Whatever she wanted to put on me, she did. And you know what? She actually did a good job! She passed over those tempting blues and purples that always come in the large eyeshadow sets (and never look good on me) and went for my favorite browns and creams. She didn't get lipstick all over my face and even managed to make my nails somewhat presentable. (SOMEwhat...)
She was so excited to wear ALL of the make up, including the fancy lipstick AND mascara. You should have watched her try to wash it off in the tub.... :)
The hairdos, now....
Those are a different story.

But I DID earn that crown she promised because I "behaved so nicely."

I love having a little girl.

25 comments:

Gucci Mama said...

That is SO stinking precious; I'm DYING over here! I love it! Love it love it love it!!

Jeni said...

Adorable, takes me back to the days of Pretty Pretty Princess. With two boys I am assuming I will be passing this phase up, it certainly looks like fun though :)

Mom24 said...

Awww, that's so sweet!

Shannon said...

Precious!! I bet you both just had an amazing time. And, you both look beautiful.

Unknown said...

She looks Just Like You!!! Except, of course, her eyes are brown and yours are blue. Other than that - she's a carbon copy. Well done.

Daisygirl said...

I love having a little girl too!!!
I love the hairdos that is total talent right there!
very creative princess you have there!

Gettysburg Mom said...

What? No pedicures? ;)

Kat said...

Oh how fun!!! You both look like you are having so much fun together. Very sweet.

And guess what! I HAVE A LITTLE GIRL NOW TOO!!!! :)

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Sue, pedicures? NO WAY. I hate feet. Remember?

Stacia said...

This is so very, very sweet. The excitement on her face is worth every painted cuticle and rubber band stuck in your hair (times a thousand)! =>

Kelli @ writing the waves said...

I need to make an appt with her - I could SO use a makeover! Cute pics! Looks like you guys had a blast. :)

Miss Hope said...

I love having two girls and they're so much fun at that age. Then next thing I knew? I had a teenager with eyeliner thicker than I've ever seen try to walk out my front door.

We battled it out and of course I won...then my Mom reminded me of the blue eyeshadow we all wore in the 80's.

Unplanned Cooking said...

I hear you! After two boys, I was thrilled when our 1-year-old and I sat down and colored our toes with magic marker. So much more fun than wrestling all day!

Doll Clothes Gal Pal said...

Oh looks like you had LOTS of fun!!! :) You had your first "girl bonding"!!!

Courtney said...

Love the hair!

Sophie, Inzaburbs said...

You are both as pretty as princesses! Priceless...

kailani said...

I can totally relate! I honestly don't know what I'd do with a son. LOL! You two are so adorable. I can't believe how much she looks like you!

apathy lounge said...

I don't wish for one myself, but I enjoy reading about the experiences of women who DO have girls. Three boys works well for me.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

She did a great job!

Kristi said...

So cute. Isabella would have not a clue how to do any of that girly stuff since her mommy is decidedly ungirly. She does, however, ask me to get something for her at Starbucks, so apparently, we'll be able to bond over coffee one day.

CaraBee said...

Honest to goodness, I got a little choked up reading this and seeing those pictures. Corinne's smile is just so big and proud with her "makeover spot" and "fancy stuff." I love little girls.

Okay, that sounds creepy. You know what I mean.

sheila said...

:)
YOu both are lookin verrrry lovely there!

Karen Hartzell, Graco said...

I also love having my little girl. I take her to the nail salon with me and she is the cutest thing! The girls all love how well she behaves and acts all super girly. not bad for a girl that played in the mud and still does on occasion. It's a great balance.

Have fun and enjoy this time. We can commiserate together later when they become teenagers. lol

Michelle said...

how fun that she put that all together! Cute pics!

Candi said...

So sweet! Looks like fun. Ahem. I'm glad I had a boy the first time around. I need to work up to these things. (I was never a girlie girl.)

Related Posts with Thumbnails