Wednesday, November 04, 2009

When I get down, I bake a pie. And eat the #$@% out of it...

Yes. That is a heart on top of an apple pie. Yes. I peeled every apple, sliced them with Justin, made the crust myself and baked it until the house smelled divine. Yes. It tastes AWESOME. And yes; it certainly helped me feel a little better...

I'm happy to say that I was busy today. Too busy to be depressed. Busy taking care of a little boy who will be here for 2 hours a day while his parents are between shifts. I think that this little bit of money and little bit of routine will be really good for me (and the family). I'm hoping, at least. Plus, he's only one year old! There's nothing sweeter than a baby that age. It should be just enough baby time in the house to get rid of any baby longings I may be having. Not that I'm having any. At all. But, well. You know.

(Ok, ok. A TINY BIT OF ME wants another baby. Probably the tiny bit that will ALWAYS want another baby. But that tiny little bit will just have to suck it up and get over itself because we are DONE.)

So, a little extra cash for food and a little extra time playing with a cute little baby. Sounds like a good deal...
~~~~

Hey, if anyone knows who the idiot is who stole the front of my cd player out of my van, please pass along my congratulations on being an IDIOT because they didn't take ALL of the stereo, just the facing. Which sucks for me because I can't play any music or tell what time it is. But it sucks for the thief as well because they can't EITHER. Also, thanks for picking on the family that can barely afford FOOD. I certainly hope you didn't steal from us to pay for an operation or something because you won't get ANY MONEY for simply the facing, you IDIOT.

It's pretty pathetic to be a criminal. But it's downright embarrassing to be a STUPID ONE.
~~~

Don't forget to enter to win my Bonefish Grill giveaway and BeiBambini baby clothes giveaway! I'll pick the winners after 12 noon on Friday and anounce ASAP. Good luck to all!

19 comments:

Me said...

Huh. Someone once stole the faceplate from my stereo too. They didn't even TRY for the stereo itself!

Sorry :-(

That pie? Looks delicious!

Mom24 said...

That completely stinks about the stereo, sorry.

The pie looks wonderful!!!

That's great news on the babysitting--hope it's decent money. Enjoy the baby, although it is very different than when they're yours, at least to me.

Repeat after me...it won't always be this hard, it won't always...

Debbie said...

Oooooh...apple pie yumminess. Excuse me while I collpase into a pile of goo.

And I'm so mad for you! Someone ripped off your stereo faceplate? Grrrrr...Isn't that kind of like stealing the bumper and leaving the car?

Tracie said...

That sucks about your stereo. Glad you were too busy to be depressed. My grandmother always believed that work will cure what ails you. The pie looks scrumptious!

Life Laugh Latte said...

Somebody needs more than pie. She needs a latte, a warm blanket, a hug, soft music, a massage, a friendly ear. I need the pie! Come on by today. It's one of those posts I'm super proud of. I want my friend to see it. Holly at lifelaughlatte.blogspot.com

E... said...

That idiot that stole the front of your stereo must have been the same one that tried to steal the TAPE DECK out of my Jeep about five years ago, but really only broke it up along with my window. TAPE DECK. What, did he think it was 1986?
(okay, so I replaced the thing. So I could listen to books on tape from the library. NOT my mix tapes from tenth grade.)
Your pie is about to send me to the Halloween candy, b/c I think that's all that we have that's sweet in the house. Looks awesome.

Manic Mommy said...

Great. Now I want apple pie and all I've got is piles and piles of Halloween candy. Talk about never satisfied!

I'm sorry about your stereo. No music makes me a VERY cranky driver. Like road rage cranky.

mep said...

What a jerk that thief is. Don't worry though, I'm sure the thief reads blogs and that this post will shame him.

Congrats on the new baby gig. Sounds like a win-win.

I'm off to find something to eat that won't be nearly as good as homemade apple pie.

CaraBee said...

I absolutely adore homemade apple pie. And now I think I have to make one. Tomorrow.

My car has been broken into twice, both times they got virtually nothing but did a whole crapload of damage getting in. Like thousands of dollars damage. It sucked. Big time. I joke (sort of) that if I ever came upon someone breaking into a car that I would go all vigilante on their A$$. Man, that would feel good.

Gettysburg Mom said...

1- I'm feeling pretty lucky that friends brought over an apple pie AND apple cake, so I can drool over yours and then go upstairs and have some of mine...

2- WATCH OUT FOR THOSE CUTE KIDS THAT AREN'T YOURS!!! How do you think I got in this position after we were all done at three? Hmmmm?

3- At least he didn't steal your car seat. Not much of a silver lining, but it's what I've got. The CD player in our van hasn't worked since we bought it. I figured that out when Atlee borrowed the Wonder Pets soundtrack from the library and I jammed it into the car CD player and it wouldn't give it back. I then had to renew the Wonder Pets Soundtrack for three months until a friend was able to extricate it. The people at the library must have thought we were a little wacky by month 3.

4- Sorry for the long post. I've now written more on your blog than I have on mine in the last two weeks.

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Hon, that's cracking me up about the Wonderpets cd...

Kelli @ writing the waves said...

The pie looks delicious. My mouth s watering over here.

And that really stinks about your stereo. Some people really are idiots!!!

I hope things start looking up soon for you guys.

Kristi said...

That looks delicious!

And hey-I have TWO one-year-old babies here that I will very willingly ship to IL for FREE. Interested? ;)

The thieves? Will.Get.Theirs.

Mama Smurf said...

I don't get it...why would they only steal the face plate of the stereo? Stupid criminals should get double the sentence.

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Oh what a bummer! (But MMMM what a pie!)

Steph

Cynthia said...

Go pie!

Bad crook...boo:(

Hey girl...do we have plans on the 7th?

Gucci Mama said...

Very lovely pie. I'd like mine now, please.

That's awful that some butthank stole your stereo, yet I do find some satisfaction in the hell he must be getting from his friends for screwing it up so terribly. I just wish is sucked more for him and less for you.

I have fallen in love with baking recently, by the way. It's been helping me dig myself out a bit.

Michelle said...

I'm glad to hear the babysitting is going well - and giving you that little bit of babyness back in the house :)

How terrible that someone stole the faceplate! ugh! so sorry that happened :(

The pie looks delicious!

Amanda said...

How frustrating! I once had my dirty laundry stolen from my car. I still haven't figured out how that was in anyway appealing to the thief. (Especially since I had much more valuable things in the car.)


www.RubysSlippers.etsy.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails