Thursday, September 03, 2009


As if I don't have enough bills towering over my computer, I was bestowed with the honor of not one but TWO violations on my van today!!

Happy! Joy!

For what it's worth, in all of my years of driving in the good state of Illinois, I never knew that parking on the side of the road, facing the "wrong" way, was illegal.

Surprise! Because it IS! And it's a $10 fine.


Seriously. A $10 fine. Which is actually a big deal for us right now, so it's not even as amusing as it would have been a couple of years ago. It might have been funny in another 12 months, when we're in a much better spot than we're at right now. (I KNOW WE'LL BE BETTER. If I say it loud enough and often enough, it will come true.)

So FINE. A fine.

And that is how my pretty decent Thursday went sour.

Silver lining: At least they didn't tow me. Right?
Post a Comment
Related Posts with Thumbnails