Friday, August 28, 2009

A little bit of this, a little bit of that...

One benefit of having a husband who works nights: during his downtime, there is no one to talk to, so now he reads my blog, sees that I am drinking flat champagne, and scrounges up some change for a bottle of cheap wine. :) Thanks, babe.

~~

The Wizards of Waverly Place movie is tonight. I know! Aren't you biting your toenails in anticipation? Well, if you lived in THIS house, you would be. I was chosen to host a party for the "premiere" of this Disney Channel movie and my kids are acting like we've been given a thousand bucks to host a gala event. The fact that our party box only contained some posters, a music cd, notebooks and other publicity items hasn't phased them. Being the rockin Mom that I am, I even baked a Big Sugar Cookie. Because I love them and know that they will love IT. Not because I've been craving sugar cookies. Not at all.

~~

Speaking of anticipation, Corinne is in full-on GIDDY mode. Her cousin is spending the night tonight and the prospect of a real, Big-Girl-Sleepover is almost too much to handle. She has been glittering up banners and arranging her room to make the whole experience one to remember. Ever watch a 3 year old try to prepare for something? Her perspectives of what will make her cousin have a good time are extremely amusing. But who am I to judge?!? Maybe lining up books, metal jars, and her favorite blankets is the key to a really grand time. I've probably been missing out...

~~

Day 3 of Justin waking up early (like, 6 am, early) to get his school work done. This can totally continue for the rest of the year. I have NO PROBLEM with waking up to grade his work while I drink a coffee. He's been extremely accepting of this arrangement and when I pointed out that he forgot to do his geography book, he simply said "Oh! I wondered what that was!" and DID THE WORK RIGHT THEN. Just smack me with some soggy cabbage. I am still in a slight denial of the possibility that this Might. Actually. Work. Out.

~~

On that note, this is Day 1 of Evan giving me troubles with his work. Sigh... I knew it was too good to last terribly long. HOWEVER! I am headed upstairs to convince him that he'd much rather do his math and finish his English than miss the movie premiere tonight. I have a feeling that this will make his head spin 360 degrees and flames burst from his eyeballs, but that he WILL do his work.

Just a hunch.
Post a Comment
Related Posts with Thumbnails