Thursday, July 23, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like BlogHerrrrrrrr....

It's like freaking Christmas Eve for grown-ups that write online. I shit you not. I am literally twitching in my seat. I am continuously checking the clock. And I am sure I am forgetting something I wanted to bring, but at this point? I don't care. Just get me out of here!!

My mother-in-law, who has worked in Chicago for YEARS and knows the ins and outs of the public transportation, gave me a run-down on how to get from point A to B to C. I now know to go right and then left and then up and to look like I know what the hell I'm doing. Which I don't. I've only ever ridden a bus that wasn't yellow about 3 or 4 times. It's kind of freaking me out. So if you see a brunette with luggage hanging her head out the window of a CTA bus, arms wildly pointing "THAT way! BLOGGY FRIENDS!!!!" as the bus heads back into the burbs, it'll be me.

My sister is ready to wrangle my kids overnight. (THANK YOU)

I am ready to go away, by myself, for the first time. Ever. EVER. I never "went away" to college. I never had an apartment of my own (moved in with Pat. We lived in sin.). I have never checked into a hotel without someone beside me. I have never done a LOT of things that I will be doing this weekend.

I never thought I was that sheltered until I wrote it all down...

I feel like such a big girl today! I deserve a lollipop. I'll settle for a martini. Apple, please.

I hope that someone knows how to make Patrick's laptop turn on, because I haven't used it in a long time and he hasn't had a chance to run through it with me. I figure there should be enough computer geeks, er... EXPERTS, around to help with the technical stuff.

I hope to see bunches of faces I recognize. And I hope that more of us can do this again next year!
Post a Comment
Related Posts with Thumbnails