Thursday, June 18, 2009

Ships in the night

I can be grateful for my husband's job while still being depressed that I don't see him, right? One doesn't have anything to do with the other. Because these hours? This opposite schedule, passing on the stairs to the bedroom with a hug and a "Hey, how ya doin?" isn't cutting it. At all.

Believe it or not, I actually LIKE my husband. Love him, even. Kind of hard to get that feeling across when one of us is sleeping and the other's awake. I think it'd be easier if he were just relocated, rather than home but not available. I have all of these conversations that run through my head, all day long. I want to talk about everything and have to wait all day long. I usually pounce on him as soon as he wakes up, babbling on about bills and kids and dishes and schedules...

Yeah. He doesn't take too kindly to being woken up to that. Only problem is that we don't have any time alone to talk about grown-up stuff. To do grown-up stuff. And on those brief moments when we are both awake and the kids are asleep (about once a month)? I generally have my period or he is extremely exhausted from 2 jobs and 3 kids and debt and life...

As I said earlier today: Being a grown-up can really suck.
Post a Comment
Related Posts with Thumbnails