Thursday, March 19, 2009


Words escape me.

Patrick got the job.

Granted, it is from 5 at night till 3 in the morning (holy shit) but it pays what he was making before and they have other opportunities in the (hopefully near) future.

My only problem will be keeping the kids quiet for him to sleep in the day, and figuring out how to have Patrick and Evan get any face time during the week. He'll see the other 2 plenty with them both being home, but poor Evan will be getting home JUST as Daddy is leaving.... Which is not good, but there's no other option. We kinda need to eat, you know?

I am so grateful for this. I know that many other people have searched for WAY longer than he has had to, and that the number of applicants per job is a ratio that isn't even funny. We WILL figure out how to make this work. I WILL remember that he will be getting the crummy end of the scheduling deal, and I will be kind about the change in workload and responsibilities that I will get to take on. Every night I GET to read all the stories! And I GET to do all of the soccer practices/Cub Scout functions/etc. He is the one who will be missing them, and I know that that sucks more than having the responsibilities. He is the one who is informing his band tonight that he can't practice at nights anymore. And I don't see how he'll be able to practice weekends, either, if he's not able to see Evan during the week, but we'll take that as it comes...

Deep sigh of relief...

And now, onto the next page in this chapter....
Post a Comment
Related Posts with Thumbnails