Sunday, February 01, 2009

A little Pixie Dust on a winter day...

Ever want a surefire way to brighten up a wintry gloom? Take 3 three-year-old girls to see Disney on Ice, Worlds of Fantasy!
My mom and I took Corinne and my 2 youngest nieces last night on "an adventure" (says my niece) into Chicago. Pigtails were bobbing and the giggles were more akin to shrieks of delight as the lights went out and the ice came to life...
I am so happy we made the effort to do this. The girls were at the perfect ages for a show like this one. And my mood has carried through to this morning, leaving me grinning for no apparent reason...

Fabulous seats are still available in Chicago. And I have some codes for extra savings for you!

-$5 off: Qualifier MOM5

-Allstate: Thurs., Jan. 22 at 7 pm, Fri., Jan. 23 at 10:30 am

-United Center: Weds., Jan. 28 at 7 pm, Thurs., Jan. 29 at 10:30 am and 7 pm, Fri., Jan. 30 at 10:30 am, Weds., Feb. 4 at 7 pm, Thurs., Feb. 5 at 10:30 am and 7 pm, Fri., Feb. 6 at 10:30 am

BASICALLY, this is good for all weekday performances

-$3 off: Qualifier MOM3

-Allstate: Fri., Jan. 23 at 7 pm, Sat., Jan. 24 at 7 pm

-United Center: Fri., Jan. 30 at 7 pm, Sat., Jan. 31 at 7 pm, Sun., Feb. 1 at 11:30 am, and Sun., Feb. 8 at 11:30 am
Does not apply to VIP or Front Row (only applies to $25, $20, and $15 tickets)

TOTALLY worth it!!

17 comments:

Unknown said...

We're going! In March! And I'm excited! As you can see by all the exclamation marks! :-)

Kristin said...

Disney on ice always does a great show. Glad that you guys had so much fun. Hope the pixie dust keeps working for a few more days at least.

coreymom40 said...

I would love to see something like that. Sounds like you had a great time.

Kat said...

That is awesome! I'm glad you had such a good time. :)

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhh, that last pic was awesome! (I mean, they were all good, but that last one? )
How sweet! Everyone looks like they are having a great time! How fun!

Anonymous said...

Well, you know how our experience was, but I remember sitting there thinking that all the little princess-loving children must be in pixie heaven. The girl down the row from us was just SQUEALING, and that was great to see while my boys were totally bored:)

Gettysburg Mom said...

Atlee and I have a difference of opinion when it comes to Tinkerbell. I think Tinkerbell is kind of annoying. Atlee assures me Tinkerbell is wonderful. She would no doubt love such a show.

Kristin said...

What a great event to attend! Glad you enjoyed yourselves;)

Mom24 said...

Wow, that looks wonderful. Julianna and Jacob would have a ball at that show.

Laski said...

Courage. That took courage.

And no doubt it was WORTH IT!!!

:)

You think J might like that??? Heck, he's going anyway.

Michelle said...

oh what fun you all had!

Tonya said...

How fun! So glad that you got to enjoy such a magical evening with the girls!

CaraBee said...

My grandparents took us to the Ice Capades when I was a kid. Wonderful, wonderful memories. I am very excited to give that same experience to my daughter. Glad you had fun!

Jennifer said...

can I just say that your blog makes me laugh everyday! I love coming to visit. I can relate to you on so many levels, being a mommy and wife isn't easy by all means- but you make it sound so funny and knowing that other moms go through the same thing make it easier to endure through the rough patches!:)Thanks for the wonderful reads.
I hope that the disney show comes to Canada. I'll have to find something special like this for my daughters.
Jen

Yellow Beads said...

Oh I bet they loved it!!

the mama bird diaries said...

oh my god. my girls would die. just die. they'd love it.

Anonymous said...

we LOVED the show too! i think we must have been at the same show. i have baby-brain right now, so i can't remember the date but it was a sunday. wow...i'm so out of it.

the show was awesome! i can't wait to see another one like it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails